Joey 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Maybe not - Microsoft has been working on a lot of Linux-related stuff so that ties in with Scott's post above about Android being tied in.

Maybe.. but i was mostly joking about the software on the Joey 3.

For the record, I’m fairly certain the software on the Joey 3 will be mostly the same codebase as the rest of the Joeys with CUI.. just solves my biggest complaint about he Joey 2... SLOOOWWW..... and Netflix coming soon.

Reactions: pattykay
Maybe.. but i was mostly joking about the software on the Joey 3.

For the record, I’m fairly certain the software on the Joey 3 will be mostly the same codebase as the rest of the Joeys with CUI.. just solves my biggest complaint about he Joey 2... SLOOOWWW..... and Netflix coming soon.
Netflix has been available on all Joeys for awhile now. Including 4K

Joey 3... will be mostly the same codebase as the rest of the Joeys with CUI.. just solves my biggest complaint about he Joey 2... SLOOOWWW

While it's bound to at least be better than the current Joey 2 and Wireless Joey, knowing how Dish typically treats Joey's performance-wise, I still wouldn't expect performance miracles with the Joey 3. ;)

Netflix has been available on all Joeys for awhile now. Including 4K

Very true. For the sake of people that get this, I hope it doesn’t take over a year after release to get it like the 4K Joey. I’m hoping that it’ll be released at launch. Netflix coming with the receiver is so much more convenient than changing inputs.

I don't know which holidays are off-limits for Dish but there are members here who have had installs done on Thanksgiving day.

I don't know which holidays are off-limits for Dish but there are members here who have had installs done on Thanksgiving day.
I worked thanksgiving this year, Easter last year and we'll have a few guys working Christmas. There is no off limits days. I always marvel at the customers that say "I can't believe you guys work on Easter" and I always say "I can't believe people request appointments on Easter"

Installed a Joey 3 yesterday. Didn't notice if it had Netflix or not. Doing another tomorrow. I'll make sure and check. As Scott noted, the Joey 3 is small, really small. Maybe 1/2" or 5/8" thick I'd guess. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with the mounting bracket that the other Joey's do. They come packed with the 54 remote.

and I always say "I can't believe people request appointments on Easter"
That's the crux of the issue - customers who need f***ing TV sooooo badly that they don't care what day it is. Is it awkward working in someone's home while they eat Thanksgiving dinner ? Now, I also realize that to some people, holidays like Christmas, Easter, etc are Christian holidays so to a Muslim, Hebrew, etc, it's just another day to them.

I can't believe that Dish hasn't found a way to get PIP on a piece of hardware other than the Hopper!! In a multi-TV household if you have the H3 system only one location gets PIP. Here with a 5 TV setup and HWS at least we get PIP at 2 locations. Would be great to get it at Joey locations though. Fast and PIP would be the 2 things I would be asking for. I have Joey 1's and am stunned at the slowness, although not nearly as slow as the TWC/Spectrum converter boxes we have at work for our free cable lifeline hookup to get our 16 channels. And BTW what is this Netflix you speak of? Am I the last man in America that has yet to get a Netflix account?:biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)