Joey 3

schroby77

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Iowa
Screenshot_20171208-201621.jpg

I can’t see them giving up revenue on upgrading to the 4K Joey. I’m surprised it’s not the Joey 4.0, and renaming the 4K as the 3.0.

Wait a

Wait and buy one yourself. According to the release described in the first post, installation requirements are the same as the Joey 1 & 2. I think that means it is a direct replacement with no other changes needed.

It basically sounds like it’s as fast as the 4K joey/H3 without the 4K support. So if that’s the case that would eliminate some complaints about the joeys being slower than the hopper.

The way I see it is when a H2k is installed it should get the J1, when a H2 is installed it should get the J2, and the H3 would get the J3 or a 4K if requested and at the same $50 fee it’s at now.

It basically sounds like it’s as fast as the 4K joey/H3 without the 4K support. So if that’s the case that would eliminate some complaints about the joeys being slower than the hopper.

The way I see it is when a H2k is installed it should get the J1, when a H2 is installed it should get the J2, and the H3 would get the J3 or a 4K if requested and at the same $50 fee it’s at now.
The H2 can get a 4K Joey as well.

Wait a

Wait and buy one yourself. According to the release described in the first post, installation requirements are the same as the Joey 1 & 2. I think that means it is a direct replacement with no other changes needed.

It is, and can be used in lieu of a Joey 1 or 2 on our installs. Meaning, it’ll work with any Hopper. Also, I read we can use a 2 instead of a 3, but not a Joey 1, so hopefully the ones are nearing end of life

Glad they are replacing the Joey 2’s.. they are incredibly laggy. Also glad they are getting rid of the 1’s (potentially).. as they are super incredibly laggy. I just wonder how they compare to the 4K Joeys. If they are comparable in speed, I would have gone with these instead of paying the extra 100 bucks for 2 4K Joeys. Of course, that was almost 2 years ago so I can’t complain.

They are still providing Hopper 1 and 2 models to new customers so the move to everyone having Hopper 3 units is still quite a ways away.

Are you sure they’re still doing H1 on new installs. I could be wrong, but I thought I read they were doing H2 at the minimum now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)