Joey 4k vs 2.0

Kizzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2016
Nebraska
DISH tells me they are bringing Joey 2.0 when they install this week. Should I call them and ask for Joey 4K? Is there still an additional cost? I plan to upgade several of my TVs in the next year and I don't want to pay to upgrade my Joey's when that happens.

Currently,
Joey 2.0 can access netflix (not 4k)
and 4k can access 4k (not 2.0)
4K will get netflix SOON, along with multichannel.
Today, unless your feeding a 4k tv, the 2.0 is better choice.

what about the 4 way PIP?

PIP only works at the Hopper location...not on the Joeys. There were initially announcements that the 4K Joey would eventually be capable of doing PIP, but it hasn't materialized yet, and some believe it will not happen at all.

I just got an H3 and 2 4K Joeys - I went ahead and got the 4Ks instead of the 2.0s for any extra speed plus to be prepped for 4K when I get those TVs - and I'm just anal retentive to a fault at wanting the "latest" in electronics. ;)

The one thing we didn't realize we'd like so much was the built in Netflix on the H3 - for my wife, that is SO much easier than pulling netflix up on her phone or iPad, changing the TV input over to our Chromecast, starting chromecast on Netflix, etc. She now uses Netflix a lot on the H3 - so we're really missing it on the 4K Joeys.

Does anyone have any actual knowledge/solid hints on when Netflix will be on the 4K Joeys? And what was the logic of not having that on the latest/greatest version of the Joeys?

I just got an H3 and 2 4K Joeys - I went ahead and got the 4Ks instead of the 2.0s for any extra speed plus to be prepped for 4K when I get those TVs - and I'm just anal retentive to a fault at wanting the "latest" in electronics. ;)

The one thing we didn't realize we'd like so much was the built in Netflix on the H3 - for my wife, that is SO much easier than pulling netflix up on her phone or iPad, changing the TV input over to our Chromecast, starting chromecast on Netflix, etc. She now uses Netflix a lot on the H3 - so we're really missing it on the 4K Joeys.

Does anyone have any actual knowledge/solid hints on when Netflix will be on the 4K Joeys? And what was the logic of not having that on the latest/greatest version of the Joeys?
Netflix hasn't got around to giving Dish the software OK to run it on the 4K Joeys....

Netflix hasn't got around to giving Dish the software OK to run it on the 4K Joeys....

Any speculation on why they would provide the OK for the other Joeys and the H3 but not the 4K Joeys? If it was the 4K part of it, I would have thought they'd be holding back on the H3 also. Just wondering why Netflix has OKed the other hardware but not the 4K Joey. I'm sure there's a thought process behind it on Netflix's part. (Well - I assume.... ;) ) I do get that the Netflix app is different for every device (I've got it on my phone, my ipad, my PS4, etc.) so my guess is there's just a lower priority on getting that particular app up and running?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts