Joey activation problem!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goncolgo

Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
N. CA
Just removed old receivers and installed a Hopper with Sling and two Joey's. Everything went smooth until I tried to activate the 2nd Joey. Linked remotes, linked to Hopper but when I hit the activate button everything froze? Contacted their tech dept., what a joke, first was told I needed a third coaxial from the dish? Then I was told I needed another solo node out at dish site. Went through reset of Joey, tried several time enfact and they even tried something on their end on sending an activation code and nothing change. After listening to questionable techs. I just told them I didn't want any charges for that particular Joey and hung up!
Anybody out there have any solutions as we really would like the convenience at that third TV location which is now dead.

What was your old receiver setup that you replaced and what is your current dish / switch / node configuration?
My old rec. we're about 5 years old, boxed them up to send back so no numbers.
New configuration consists of two rg6 from dish with 3 lnb's on it. These go directly into a solo - node, then rg6 to Hopper and another to a 2way splitter leading to the two Joey locations. The first set up of Joey went fine, 2nd could not get authorization window to complete and close as mentioned in my original post.

PS: Old set up included 2 receivers, one coaxial from dish fed the living room rec. (no dvr), the other coaxial from dish went upstairs to second rec. (non DVR too)

Have you tried swapping the two Joeys to see if it is a cabling or signal issue? I.E. will the activated Joey work at the other location and will the dead Joey work in its new location. My testing procedure reminds me of a story I heard decades ago.

"How do you tell it's a computer tech with a flat tire on the side of the road? He's changing one tire at a time and driving a quarter mile to see if it fixed the problem."

Dave

A system engineer, hardware engineer, and software engineer are in a car going down a hill when the brakes fail & they crash.
System Engineer: "Let's pull out the specs & see why this system could fail in this fashion"
Hardware Engineer: "I'll take the brakes apart & see if I can determine what failed"
Software Engineer: "Let's take the car back up the hill and start over to see if it happens again"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)