joey activation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
I recently purchased a Joey to add to my Hopper, after I turned it on and it downloaded the software, the screen came up to call Dish to activate. I called Dish and to my surprise , I was told there would be a $7.00 per month for the Joey. Since I can just add another receiver for $7.00 per month with additional tuners to record programs, Can anyone tell me how it makes any sense to activate the Joey which has no additional tuners

I recently purchased a Joey to add to my Hopper, after I turned it on and it downloaded the software, the screen came up to call Dish to activate. I called Dish and to my surprise , I was told there would be a $7.00 per month for the Joey. Since I can just add another receiver for $7.00 per month with additional tuners to record programs, Can anyone tell me how it makes any sense to activate the Joey which has no additional tuners

On a Hopper Joey system you can have either a Hopper or a Joey a Joey costs you $7/mo. a Hopper I believe costs you $12/mo. I also believe you can only lease 2 Hoppers so you have to buy the additional Hoppers.

Buying Dish equipment doesn't get you out of monthly fees. Dish basically treats it as an outlet fee. Joey monthly fee has been like that since day one and regularly discussed on this forum.

One nice thing about owning the joey is that you can activate/deactivate when you want to save monthly fees if it isn't a room you will use all the time. With a leased joey, you would need to send it back in if you deactivated it.

One nice thing about owning the joey is that you can activate/deactivate when you want to save monthly fees if it isn't a room you will use all the time. With a leased joey, you would need to send it back in if you deactivated it.

That's the main benefit, other would be no contract extensions.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Adding a second Hopper would cost you $12 instead of the $7 the Joey cost per month. If you would have done this before May 22nd you could have added a second Hopper and the monthly fee would have been the same as a Joey.

I was going to order a 2 Hopper/1 Joey system to replace my current VIPs. Was told I would need a minimum of 1 Joey per Hopper. Can you still refuse one of the Joeys at installation? Doesn't seem there would be the limitation since they are charging more for the Hopper now.

Can you still refuse one of the Joeys at installation?
we haven't heard anyone having any trouble doing it in over a year. You should also be able to cancel a Joey later on and Dish will arrange a box to get sent to your home.

You're correct that Dish has little reason to enforce any limits with the new monthly price increase, but I guess the Dish execs don't see it that way. Even worse is that the people in charge at Dish may not even know they have these ongoing screwed up policies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)