Joey and hopper issue with sound and fast forward

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lwh1993

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
I have a Hopper with Sling and 3 joey's and I've had them for 5 months. I'm having following of issues and not sure what to do.

1) Fast forward will frequently skip to end of an episode or rewind will take me to the beginning of the episode. It drives my wife nuts.

2) Sound will completely turn off. I will then have to reboot the joey or unplug and have it reset. I've switched HDMI ports and cables and no improvements. The Joey does get very hot.

Any help will be great.

Todd

I tried that and I'm still having the issue. I'm going to swap out this Joey with another I don't use as often and see how that goes

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Is the issue on both the Hopper and the Joey?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Unless there is something seriously wrong with the install of your system I'm pretty sure it is a software related issue. I too am having the same issue with DVR fast fowarding and some times when changing channels during live TV I loose audio. A quick fix for this I have found is to rewind for a split second then play and 9/10 the audio will return with out having to reset the system. I just came from a Hopper and two joey setup with no issues then upgraded the Hopper to a Hopper w\Sling and now am having the issue. Just today I replaced one of the Joeys with a new Hopper w\Sling and that to is having audio loss as well. Current set up is a WA with a 61.5 wing into a Duo node from there Hopper with sling 1 from the host port, Hic on client port, other client with a terminator cap then the other Hopper and Joey are on the other host port to a tap. All cables RG-6 3GHZ Hopefully that helps and gives some insite for you.

Hopper "hopping" during playback

Having similar issues. Also have a weekly annoyance in the form of local channels removing themselves from my favorites list. Both problems repeat often. I have had the same Hopper and Joeys since March 2012, and these problems have been present the entire time. Local channel disappearances and audio defaults are manageable, but skipping to the end of a recorded program is frustrating ( especially when I spend ALL DAY avoid anything that could reveal a final score on a game only to have the outcome revealed when skipping ahead through commercials and my DVR jumps to the end of the recording! )
Guess those bugs will never be fixed.

Often when I fast-forward, the audio quits on my HWS for a few seconds. It almost always comes back on by itself, I think maybe once or twice I've had to change channels to get it to come back. I'm using the HDMI for audio.