Joey automatically linking to a different hopper

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
My hopper/Joey setup is fairly new so I'm still getting to know it. Twice in the last three days my Joey has unlinked itself from one hopper and linked itself to my other hopper. I searched the forum but didnt see a reference to this issue. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening? Thanks.

I just have one joey. There's no one else in the house who even knows how any of this works. They just turn on the TV and watch. Maybe we have a ghost. Or gremlins.

Based on the # of views and the lack of comments, I'm going to assume my problem is unique. Bummer.

Joey = S292
Hopper w/ Sling = S309 (this is the hopper the joey is supposed to be connected to)
Hopper 2000 = S246

All 3 show four green MoCA bars - at least at the moment. Currently the joey is connected to the correct hopper.

Your Hopper w/Sling should be updating to S311 tonight and the Joey to S294, maybe the update will address your issue.

Also, I have found that SYS INFO (MENU - MENU) is more reliable at reporting the Hopper that the Joey is actually linked to rather than the Whole-Home menu (YELLOW - BLUE - 4.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)