Joey connections

TheKrell

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
What do I get (or not, or mess up) if I have only moca connected, or only Ethernet connected, or both connected? What are the USB ports good for? Bluetooth? Wireless adapter?

charlesrshell

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
What do I get (or not, or mess up) if I have only moca connected, or only Ethernet connected, or both connected? What are the USB ports good for? Bluetooth? Wireless adapter?
I don't think you should blend MoCA and Ethernet mode at the same time. Should be one or the other. When I had four HWSs and one Joey I had all five units each connected by Ethernet cable to my router and they worked great in Ethernet mode. For my two Hopper 3s and two 4K Joeys I have everything in MoCA mode. I notice no difference in performance for either MoCA or Ethernet mode. The Hopper USB ports are used for EHDs and the OTA adapter is all I know of.

Last edited:
pattykay

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
I don't think you should blend MoCA and Ethernet mode at the same time. Should be one or the other. When I had four HWSs and one Joey I had all five units each connected by Ethernet cable to my router and they worked great in Ethernet mode. For my two Hopper 3s and two 4K Joeys I have everything in MoCA mode. I notice no difference in performance for either MoCA or Ethernet mode. USB ports are used for EHDs and the OTA adapter is all I know of.
On a Joey? I think TheKrell had it right with the Bluetooth and WiFi adapters.

Reactions: charlesrshell