Joey interface vs Hopper Interface

WaxDonuts

Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Edmond, OK
I know this is covered somewhere but I could not find it.

Does the user interface on the Joey look and act the exact same as the user interface on the Hopper? Could the non-informed tell a difference? Any features/functions available on one but not the other?

Thanks!

George

I think there are a couple settings you can't get to on the Joey like point dish and check switch. However, nothing that you would actually use in normal viewing is missing besides PIP. We have yet to use that feature on either of our hoppers though so there is no real difference to me.

PiP only on the Hopper.
Transferring programs to/from the External Hard Drive can only be done on the Hopper. Any device can watch programs from the EHD.
Each device, Hopper or Joey, has its own Guide settings (Favorites, Sort Order, etc.)

Response time is the same on both as well, which is some engineering feat.
Going up and down channels is much slower on the Joey. Also Joey is missing MLB app, and some apps do not work right (the Access Hollywood app is missing the pictures), Weather App defaults to CO even though you put in your city and sometimes has no data and is missing radar. You cannot xfer recordings between drives with the Joey as well.

no bluetooth audio on the Joey. Joeys can switch between hoppers in the software. Two hoppers can't currently see each other.

The internet services for the Joeys are mostly provided through the Hopper, so the Joey might show a network connection error even through it's getting Ondemand from the Hopper itself.

Basically, there are a bunch of little ways to tell the difference. Especially in 2 hopper systems because the integration software isn't available yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)