Joey keeps upgrading and downgrading from Carbon UI. A pain indeed.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Is it a bug?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grunt22fox

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2016
Many, Louisiana
Well its good to be back... Almost.

I have come back on because a new Hopper with Sling has been setup: with the Carbon UI. Not even a hopper 3 at initial setup. So I linked a Joey to my Sling from another Sling with the classic UI. Results were fine: a simple software update to the Carbon UI. Linking back to my other Sling realizing I couldn't view the recordings on a Classic from Carbon, It had to downgrade to the Classic UI. Really...

So after all is said and done, it is back at the standby screen. So it said to me, Hey you want another "vital program download?" It did it and reprogramed, and now is back at the carbon UI. Then it does the same thing AGAIN. It downgraded!

This can't be fixed unless I switch to the new Hopper with my Joey, then reprograms to carbon with it staying that way. Or I can just go and set it to Never go to inactivity and make sure it is on always.

Its annoying, it bugs me, it needs to stop!

The good thing is I updated my older Hopper to the Carbon UI using the Update Menu trick. Be sure to comment!

Guys the Carbon UI update for the older Hopper with Sling finished and no sudden reset for the Joey yet. I think it may have fixed. Gonna reset just to be sure.

Finished the reset. Refreshed the Joey and then no sudden software downloads. May just have been a confliction between a Hopper with Carbon UI and one with the Classic UI. Either way the Joey no longer tries to download a new Update 5 seconds from switching to Standby mode. Either way its a fix.

Just keeping it open if it is a possible bug! Still, no idea why the new Hopper gen 1 shipped with the Carbon UI to be installed.

It seems from your description that running multiple Hopper setups in a mixed UI environment may cause problems for client devices.

Has anyone else run mixed setups that can report on this?