Joey randomly pops up diagnostics screen

Charitymp

Original poster
Apr 3, 2016
Louisiana
Just got brand new Dish system set up on Friday. Brand new Hopper 3 and 3 Joeys. Brand new remotes with Bluetooth.

While watching live tv or recordings, the diagnostics screen randomly pops up. If I hit the back button to exit the screen it immediately pops back up. Sometimes it will do this over and over for 10 min. Then randomly stops doing it.

Then when looking for a movie to rent it randomly bounced around the titles and then ordered one!!!

On top of that, the Joey randomly restarts itself in the middle of live TV.

I've tried taking the batteries out of my remote and leaving them out while watching...thinking it was a stuck button or something...still did it.

I've done the whole reset the hopper...reset the Joey...wait for hopper to go into power save so it downloads updates...etc.

Tech support is NO help. I've called 3 times and done 3 different songs and dances.

Anyone experience this and have advice?

Just signed 2 year contract and already hate this company. (Other things have gone wrong I had to get fixed as well.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Italics are better than bold... ;) :)

It takes several days for the Hopper and Joeys to settle in. That said, is it only one Joey doing these things? When you are in the diagnostics screen do you see more than one remote paired?

Italics are better than bold... ;) :)

It takes several days for the Hopper and Joeys to settle in. That said, is it only one Joey doing these things? When you are in the diagnostics screen do you see more than one remote paired?

Well, my installer and customer service didn't mention a "settling in period". :/

As far as I can tell it is only showing one paired.

Yes, it is only one Joey doing it.

I know the hopper and the joey in question were off for at least 8 hours last night.

Right now, it is still acting up.

The Hopper and ALL the Joeys have to be off for any updates to happen.

If the problem persists you could exchange Joey locations by putting the one you're having problems with in a location that has worked fine. If the problem moves with the Joey then you might have a bad Joey. If the problem stays at the same location with a different Joey there then you might probably have a wiring problem.

Good luck.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts