Joey receiver

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
My girlfriend and I had the hopper Joey system installed 2 and 1/2 weeks ago and the hopper seems to be working fine but the Joey will freeze up from time to time and reboot anybody else experiencing this?

I have been having this issue for quite some time. Watching via Joey, picture freezes and Hopper reboots. They have changed the Joey, the Node, the Hopper, and all connectors on both of the wall plates and yet it still occurs. I don't know if this is what you are experiencing or not but it is very discouraging since we usually only watch via Joey in the evenings when we retire for the night and is disrupts any recordings we have going at the time.

Same for me...a freeze followed by the Joey reboot...generally after watching a few hours, but not terribly consistent. Joey is vertically mounted out in the open.

Is it a Joey reboot or Hopper? For me it is the Hopper that reboots when I am watching via the Joey, which is why current recordings are disrupted. If it was the Joey it would be a nuisance but wouldn't effect our current recordings and I could possibly deal with it. Seems to be something with the signal being sent back out of Hopper to Joey...just a guess.

I think mine is just a Joey reboot...but I'd have to go recheck the next time it happens...I'm sure it will occur in the Superbowl <g>

I can now confirm when my Joey freezes/reboots, the Hopper is fine.

I have a 2H/3J setup, so at some point I'll need to swap Joeys with one of the other Joey rooms...kids and grandkids aren't reporting the behavior with those Joeys, but those are not used as much and they won't necessarily see/report it as an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts