Joey recommend

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcvaughan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Pacifica CA
I'm looking to put a joey into a third room. Don't need the 4k but am considering the wireless. It would be about 50-75 feet away from the WAP and have a floor and walls in between. Is it not worth getting the wireless with that distance? Does the regular joey just wire up to the "client" connection on the hybrid duo node?

I prefer to do the install myself and not have to make an appt. with a tech.

Just to be clear when you are figuring distance. The Wireless Joey requires its own separate Wireless Joey Access Point that will be placed where your Hopper is located (it connects to the Hopper via ethernet). Others will have to comment on the usable distance, as mine aren't that far apart and only one wall separates them.

As for the wired Joey, you are correct...single coax to the client connection on node. If you buy a wired Joey, make sure you get a Joey 2. The Joey 1 is slow as molasses and nearly unusable by all but the most patient. ;)

My wireless works in two locations, one is about 20 feet and goes through 4 walls, one of these walls has metal siding metal siding, the other is 32 feet and goes through 2 walls. Both locations work fine.
Dan

I think I'll just go with a Joey 2. Realized it's only one piece of equipment as opposed to two with the WAP and it's small enough to put behind the the mounted TV. Thanks for info guys. I do appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)