Joey shuts off exactly 60 seconds after I turn off the TV

Fred Derf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Northeastern Iowa
When I turn off my TV, the Joey shuts off (or goes into standby, not sure which) exactly 60 seconds later. This means that when I turn the TV back on, I have to navigate to the recorded program to resume playback, which is a PITA. Is there any way to have the Joey stay on all the time? When the TV's on, the Joey stays on.

My TV is an 11-year old Panasonic plasma with "Viera Link" (Panasonic's name for HDMI CEC). There's no options in the menus that affect the Joey. Thanks anyway. I'll just hit Recall.

Thanks, but that didn't do it either. I wonder if it's my surround sound receiver that's doing it (Marantz NR1504)? I tried changing some settings on it, but it didn't help.

You can use the Dish Remote, just hit the select button after you hit power. That will "wake" the Joey back up before it finishes it's count down to standby mode
I actually thought that this might be the issue, but the 60 seconds threw me. I remember that countdown being five minutes, or at least more than two minutes. So, with a delay of only one minute, I assumed that something else must be going on. Silly me.

Another solution for this issue would be to switch to one of the non-voice remotes, such as the 52 or 40. Those remotes have a separate button for the TV Power, so you can turn the TV off without turning the receiver off, without putting the remote in TV Mode. Much simpler.

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
I actually thought that this might be the issue, but the 60 seconds threw me. I remember that countdown being five minutes, or at least more than two minutes. So, with a delay of only one minute, I assumed that something else must be going on. Silly me.

Another solution for this issue would be to switch to one of the non-voice remotes, such as the 52 or 40. Those remotes have a separate button for the TV Power, so you can turn the TV off without turning the receiver off, without putting the remote in TV Mode. Much simpler.
I wondered about that 1-minute thing, too but I know Select is the easy way of waking it up again

I wondered about that 1-minute thing, too but I know Select is the easy way of waking it up again
When I am using a 54 remote, I usually use a combination of that method and the method posted by ChadT41. I press the TV button, then the Power button, then the Sat button. Pressing the Sat button also works to make sure that the receiver stays awake, and it makes sure that the remote stays in Sat mode. It is still extra button presses compared to using the older remotes, though.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts