Joey sound cuts out

Leardch

Original poster
May 14, 2012
Texas
I have 4 Joeys in the house. Only 1 of them that is hooked to a Magnavox kitchen TV has an issue where the sound will cut out. Turning the TV off and back on will temporarily correct the issue. I have replaced the HDMI cable that came with the Joey with a spare that I have. It is working for now, but I am not optimistic that this has solved the problem.Does anybody have any suggestions?The TV only has one HDMI input, so I can't try a different input to the TV.Thanks.

patmurphey said:
If it happens again try swapping with another Joey? If that solves the problem then you could call for a replacement for the bad Joey.

I just had advanced tech support send a new joey. No audio and no video (via hdmi). Only way to get any video was switch to composite change resolution from 1080i to 480p and switch bach to hdmi and that would only give me a flickering picture. I did all the basic troubleshooting steps before calling, i.e.: changing hdmi cables, tried thicker gauge cables, swapping the bad joey into another room that has a joey and unplug/replug joey. The tech said ok, that i pretty much covered the basics and sent the new joey via ups 2nd day air. Oh yeah, and the two techs offered a premium channel 1/2 price for 6 months. The new joey should arrive friday

How did you make out? I'm on my second Joey and it has same issue. Audio cuts out or freezes. Channel changes or input change works temporarily. Changing cable does not fix.

Go into settings , click on the audio section and change your output to PCM only if I'm thinking right, should solve the problem.

It is a known issue right now. Resetting the Joey should correct the problem when it happens. I believe its going to be fixed with a SW update but you may want to give a DIRT member the brand/model of your TV as well so they can submit a report on it.

Had the audio cutout problem in the bedroom 26" Sony with the old Dish Box (Cant remember model no.) Got the new Joey and had the same problem. Bought new LG 32" for bedroom and no more audio problems. I put the Sony in sons bedroom, hooked up to that Joey and never turned it on. Sons home from college and is complaining about the audio dropouts. This is obviously a HDMI handshake issue between various models and brands of TV's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)