Joey2 with Hopper3 removed swap-add that my joey1 and HWS had

dscheck

Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
MD
I just upgraded from a house with two Hopper with Sling receivers and 3 Joey 1s to a Hopper 3 with 4 Joey 2s.

I was VERY disappointed when I discovered that even though you now have 16 tuners on the Hopper 3, the Joey 2s don't have the ability to Swap and then Add another channel with available tuners. I used this feature a lot in order to watch multiple live shows on one TV and pausing between commercials and swapping to another live show and watching until its commercials start. Then I would repeat the process over and over.

I figured that having a hopper 3 with 16 tuners would only make this experience better as their would probably be enough tuners to swap as many channels as you want but as far as I can tell this feature of the Joey 1 has been completely eliminated on the Joey 2s with the new Hopper 3.

Can someone please explain why this existing feature was removed and if it is scheduled to be back in a future software update.

BTW, I figured out a combersome hack to sort of do this by using my dishanywhere app on my phone to start up different channels in different rooms and then I can use the Join option in the room I plan to watch to keep switching around between different live channels.. But its really annoying and shouldn't be the way to get this previous feature back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts