Joey's going black..

papalittle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Some old corn field, United States
I have a customer who I installed a Hopper w/sling and 2 Joeys. Shortly after the install he called and said Joeys are not working. After rebooting everything and replacing the node everything was working, Next day he calls and said the Joeys were black screened again, replaced Joeys and node again and all was good. Next time he called Dish who sent someone out and told the customer that the sat dish was out of align (not likely )..Hopper continued working through out the whole time. A day later he calls again, same thing, dead Joeys. I went back and replaced node and connected a tap behind the Hopper and connected Joeys to that. Everything working again, next day Joeys dead. Went back and replaced Hopper. Next day got the same call again. At this point I am out of ideas except to try replacing the cables from the dish to the node even though the Hopper continues to operate. He has been really good about this but afraid he might switch to Direct and we lose a good customer. I going back tomorrow but really have no idea what else to try. I need some input from you guys on what else I can do. would setting Hopper back to factory settings help? I saved the old Hoppers settings to the remote before replacing it and then restored setting to the new Hopper.

Joey's will go black if there are multiple recordings in progress and not enough available live tuners. Hitting the red shortcut button will take you to the tv viewing status screen. Is there a possibility this is the issue?

Joey's will go black if there are multiple recordings in progress and not enough available live tuners. Hitting the red shortcut button will take you to the tv viewing status screen. Is there a possibility this is the issue?

When they turn the Joeys on in the morning they work for a short while then go black, no recording going on at that time. after they go black they can access the Hopper and watch recorded shows or they can go to the Hopper and select the show they want and hit record then they can watch that show as it is being recording on the Joeys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)