Joeys reboot on start-up.

simplexswrhs90

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 16, 2009
Asheboro, NC
I have a problem where sometimes when I power on my Joeys they will reboot. They only reboot when powering on. I've noticed this issue since upgrading to Hopper 3. H3 powers on fine. Has anyone seen this problem? Is it a software issue or something else that is going on? Thanks.

I noticed this with one of my Joey2 boxes after the most recent update. I am usually on the hopper so I haven't used the Joey lately. I will check again tonight to see if it is still happening. I will also check the other Joeys.

I checked all 3 of my Joeys last night and none of the rebooted on startup.
Thanks for the feedback! My Joeys don't reboot all the time. They usually reboot when the H3 is turned off. If the H3 is off, and I power on a Joey, the Joey sometimes reboots. I don't understand it. Doesn't happen all the time though.

Yesterday and today it has restarted a couple of times a day. After I turn in on it will restart after a press a button. Yesterday the Joey had been on for about a half hour and pressed the skip back button and the Joey rebooted. This morning pressing the recall button did it. This afternoon pressing the DVR button made it restart.

Yesterday and today it has restarted a couple of times a day. After I turn in on it will restart after a press a button. Yesterday the Joey had been on for about a half hour and pressed the skip back button and the Joey rebooted. This morning pressing the recall button did it. This afternoon pressing the DVR button made it restart.
None of that happens for me. Only when I turn the Joey on does it reboot. Sometimes that is and usually when the Hopper 3 is off.