John Madden not working this Sunday

MikeI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
waaaaaaa. Madden doesn't want to make 3 straight cross country trips in a luxury bus, so he's wot working this weekend's game in Tampa

I'm sorry, but WHAT?

Indy, Cleveland, Green Bay, Chicago, all in a row. Then Jacksonville, San Diego, then Tampa, followed by an off week. I guess the guy goes back to northern California every week, but that is hardly a tough gig.

Did not NBC give him a copy of the schedule last March?

Curious, do you guy's want to cross the country 3 times in 3 months ?
Driving ???? I know I wouldn't.
I don't care how nice the Motorhome is .....

Try being a NASCAR hauler driver.

Jimbo

good, I can actually turn the volume up on my TV and enjoy a game, instead of hearing him eat turkey and talk about cankels. :D

Or get over whatever phobia he has, and get in an NBC corporate jet. :rolleyes:

He'd be on the fence - you saw what happened to DJ AM and Travis Barker. Their plane crashed, but of all weird circumstances the "celebrities" survived while the others perished (so if Madden's plane crashed, he would have the odds of surviving).

When I heard this Madden thing at first, I thought no big deal, NBC is taking the week off due to the World Series, but then I realized I think it's the "Game 7" sunday that NBC is taking off and not next week (and it was confirmed by a newspaper article that NBC is having a game next sunday).

Madden should be working every game as contracted, IMHO. It's only like 18 games to work and there is a nice lengthy offseason to do "grandfatherly things".

I normally do not do the deal of contrasting the celebrity life with regular people's lives. I just change the channel when somebody tries to explain to me why rockers get druged out because of life on the road, or how tough it is to grow up famous and so on.

But I had this friend. He could not find work locally and went to driving a truck. Team drove (two guys alternating driving and sleeping) from High Point, NC to San Diego to deliver furnature to the Navy every week, returning via Charlotte with a load of some kind of Chinese made toy crap. Three days out, three days back. On his off Sunday, he drove his personal car 200 miles one way to see his kids and fight with his ex-wife. Made about $50K, which is not bad for a blue collar guy, but not life changing.

Tell Madden to give him a call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)