Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Did anyone notice our team didnt get any points at 3PM today? I was checking because it showed no points for me. Anyone know whats going on?

Yeah, I refreshed a few times after 3PM CST and never saw anything change.
Here in a few mins will check again.

After my PC did the last up load it is just setting trying to connect to the F@H server. I have tried rebooting the PC and it does have internet access.

Just noticed this also. Maybe they will kick the server and it will be working tomorrow.

After my PC did the last up load it is just setting trying to connect to the F@H server. I have tried rebooting the PC and it does have internet access.
All mine still have a couple of hours or so until upload. I hope things aren't broke there also.

Reactions: samy60
I may just be lucky but I've never had any problems taking Nvidia updates while folding.
Well you know I tried this morning, to test it and I didn't lose my WU(it wasn't very far along). I thought for sure I did before, but maybe I am thinking of something else.

Reactions: Magic Static
The one thing I dislike about Amazon is they take forever to ship out your order. I ordered on the 13th and it won't ship for another couple days yet. And then it's 7 business days to get it. The stuff I ordered from Newegg the next day will be here Thursday.

The one thing I dislike about Amazon is they take forever to ship out your order. I ordered on the 13th and it won't ship for another couple days yet. And then it's 7 business days to get it. The stuff I ordered from Newegg the next day will be here Thursday.

You must not have Prime. I get almost everything from Amazon with free 2 day shipping. I've never had anything take a few days to be shipped from their warehouse unless it was out of stock either. Stuff usually ships the same day you order unless you miss the cutoff time for that day.

That's another thing that really frosts my a**. Having to be a member and pay dues to a company in order to have then do business with you in a timely fashion. Customer service used to be a benefit and now it's a product that you have to pay for.

Most of my Two Day Air packages get here in a day, including on Sundays.

Prime is great for us as we order so much from Amazon. Plus you get all the other benfits such as free TV shows and Movies, photo storage, music storage etc. For us it more than pays for itself.

That's another thing that really frosts my a**. Having to be a member and pay dues to a company in order to have then do business with you in a timely fashion. Customer service used to be a benefit and now it's a product that you have to pay for.

I buy so much stuff from Amazon that Prime is well worth it to me. I was a subscriber long before they included the Netflix style video streaming service, the Spotify style music streaming service, the free Kindle books, and the 20% off video game purchases. I take advantage of every one of those perks regularly so Prime is a great value for me.

Also, I bet you get your GPU much faster than that. Amazon tends to overestimate their shipping times.

If you order stuff from them every few months I could see the frustration, but as much as we order it more than pays for itself.
Living in a small town, I get a lot of stuff through Amazon.
Heck we even order Shampoos, soaps, etc, and such through them, cheaper than even the Super Wall-Mart right here in town and Target.
I always select the 2 day option, but most of the time it is here next day.

One of the biggest slow downs on their delivery to me is this type of delivery where they put it in the mail in your town for USPS to deliver. Trouble is the USPS doesn't sort the mail here. So after they get it's trucked a couple hundred miles away and another thee days are added. I don't know how those GPUs will be shipped yet, But for free, it's usually not faster than China Post ;) When you live in Montana you are not near anything LOL
I'm not a major consumer anymore so memberships in those big box stores are not effective for me. Costco is up to $70 a year now. My wife is a voracious reader of books but has no interest what so ever in a Kindle/reader.(another gift gone bad) Amazon is not always the cheapest place to buy stuff either. I've studied Amazon Prime a few times, but don't see the value for me.

Yeah, I refreshed a few times after 3PM CST and never saw anything change.
There are no points reported for the last three updates.
I'm not sure where the disconnect is, on the Stanford side or the EOC side. It happened a few days ago, too:
Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 9.08.23 AM.png

The WU results are getting to Stanford, but the Points may not be awarded until later, or the Reporting server may not be available from the outside (i.e., EOC). The graph shows the big spike in our Team's results when viewed Hourly.

I see JoshuaM is Folding over a million PPD now! Way to Fold! Just for grins, I went to the list of individual folders, and ends up JoshuaM is in the Top 150 Folders in terms of PPD. (I'm barely in the Top 500). The Team as a whole is now #33 in terms of PPD, up from #65 before all the new hardware and new Team Members! Excellent!

We need some more contenders to join the Arms Race, including the head SatelliteGuy. ;) I see that he is only folding on 3 clients. :devilish
Whoa, careful there! I'd rather Scott keep the lights on here at SatGuys than he heat up our Points generation (and his house) with more Folding hardware...

Although we did raise the topic a few years back about using the spare CPU cycles on the SatGuys servers to further the cause, we all know the big PPD is with the GPU client, not the CPU client.

Disappearance - 103 W AMC1/Spaceway 1/DirecTV 10/DirecTV 12

Software Update Coming