Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

5thFreedom, Those sound like some nice folding machines! :)

Just for the record, here is what I'm currently using (all 24/7):
PS3
AMD Semperon 2600 (my media server)
Core 2 Quad 6600
2.4Ghz laptop (centrino, single core, work pc)
some dual core intel laptop (running 2 linux clients, work pc)
2.4Ghz P4 desktop (work pc)
AMD XP 2500+ linux (very part time, maybe 8 hrs a day)

Except for the quad and the PS3, not much there worth running.

-John

Noticed today, that our team seems to be stepping it up a bit lately. Other than what 5th freedom has added, other members are putting up more pts. You guys turning back on stuff that you turned off over the summer?

I know a couple folders in a room, you could probably close the heat vents. :)

Noticed today, that our team seems to be stepping it up a bit lately. Other than what 5th freedom has added, other members are putting up more pts. You guys turning back on stuff that you turned off over the summer?

I know a couple folders in a room, you could probably close the heat vents. :)
I've opened up the windows overnight, since our lows have dropped into the 50s. Like you said, maybe some people that stopped folding over the summer have fired up some more boxes.

I know that the new 2618 project has dropped my daily points production, but now I've gotten a couple of 1,760 point WUs in a row.

Hey, we're less than two days away from 4,000,000 points! The last 1,000,000 points seemed to go pretty quick!

Hey, we're less than two days away from 4,000,000 points! The last 1,000,000 points seemed to go pretty quick!
Woo Hoo! SatelliteGuys.US has passed 4,000,000 points!
We hit 2,000,000 points on July 9th, and 3,000,000 points on August 21st. Let's see if we break 5,000,000 in under 30 days!

And check out 5thfreedom, our newest Folder: after one week, he's our most productive Team member with over 32,800 points per week!

Attachments

• 4000000.jpg
    4000000.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
YEEAAHHH!

I am thinking this winter is gonna see some more movement in the team.

Laff, it's cheaper to heat homes this winter by folding then by natural gas and by folding, you are doing something productive and warming the house.

Congratulations team! I had almost NOTHING to do with this milestone, but I'll be proud to help us get to the next one.

I just set up one of my Folders on my Mac Pro with the SMP V6 beta 1 client. There is a new ID code that you get from Stanford by entering your Folding username and your E-mail address. I don't know if that will put some people off or not. Also, it looks like the actual Core Folding client is the same, it's just the console program that appears to be different (at least on my Mac).

Thanks for the heads-up, Scorpy... I waited until my one WU was complete before I switched. Right now, I'm running the previous V5b5 in one terminal window and V6b1 in another. I notice I have to specify the new -smp flag or the Mac OSX/Intel Client refuses to run. I love mandatory options! ;)

I just set up one of my Folders on my Mac Pro with the SMP V6 beta 1 client. There is a new ID code that you get from Stanford by entering your Folding username and your E-mail address. I don't know if that will put some people off or not. Also, it looks like the actual Core Folding client is the same, it's just the console program that appears to be different (at least on my Mac).

Thanks for the heads-up, Scorpy... I waited until my one WU was complete before I switched. Right now, I'm running the previous V5b5 in one terminal window and V6b1 in another. I notice I have to specify the new -smp flag or the Mac OSX/Intel Client refuses to run. I love mandatory options! ;)

No prob Foxbat, Just hope the rest of the team learns from my mistake ( by making the change while in the middle of two wu's) ;)

How has the new client been working for you Foxbat? I'm currently waiting for replacement RAM from Crucial so I can get my personal machine up and running, but when it's back up I think I may try the new screensaver.

I run the console version, so I really don't have an opinion about the screensaver version. I have had the fewest problems overall with the console version overall, so that's why I continue to use it. As far as differences between V5 and V6, it's too early to say. V6b1 works, which is good, but after a week or so, if I don't have Core Zombies (SMP Cores processes that don't exit properly/hang at exit/hang on submission), I'll be singing its praises. I've installed V6 on both of my Windows XP boxes, too, so we'll see how that goes.

5thfreedom, more memory on my machine allowed me to increase my throughput because the Mac Pro needs memory added 4 sticks at a time to exact the best performance. Considering you're Folding around 6K points per day now, more performace doesn't seem to be a problem for you... ;)

Hi Satellite Guys ..
I Need To Know How To Hook Up A Single Head Dual Lnb With 4 Coax Lines Out Of The Bottom With A Star Chois Elipticle Dish ..which Of The 4 Fittings Do You Put The Coax On To Bring In The Signal To The Reciever .. Please Help Or Tell Me Where To Go For Help
Thank You ...alante888

I run the console version, so I really don't have an opinion about the screensaver version. I have had the fewest problems overall with the console version overall, so that's why I continue to use it. As far as differences between V5 and V6, it's too early to say. V6b1 works, which is good, but after a week or so, if I don't have Core Zombies (SMP Cores processes that don't exit properly/hang at exit/hang on submission), I'll be singing its praises. I've installed V6 on both of my Windows XP boxes, too, so we'll see how that goes.

5thfreedom, more memory on my machine allowed me to increase my throughput because the Mac Pro needs memory added 4 sticks at a time to exact the best performance. Considering you're Folding around 6K points per day now, more performace doesn't seem to be a problem for you... ;)

I've never experienced these "core zombies" that you mentioned (knock on wood), though I had a problem a while ago with my personal machine not saving checkpoints properly. My folding machines are rock stable and run 24/7, but I am constantly installing and uninstalling software, messing with clocks, and gaming on my desktop and the SMP client would reject my checkpoint and start the wu over every time I had to reboot. Because of this, I don't bother folding on my desktop. I haven't ran the screensaver version in a looooong time. The only reason I would consider it now is because of version 6's ability to run SMP. Like I said, when I get my RAM back, I'll give it a shot.

Looks like the team is doing 34k+ PPD! We may even break a million points for this month. Good going everybody!