Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Greetings guys

I just wanted to let the team know that I am now back up to 100% folding as of now. Look out Plazz (your making me look bad :eek:) here I come.:cool:

Ps. My GTX260 is putting out 7300 ppd. WOW:D

Greetings guys

I just wanted to let the team know that I am now back up to 100% folding as of now. Look out Plazz (your making me look bad :eek:) here I come.:cool:

Ps. My GTX260 is putting out 7300 ppd. WOW:D

WOW 7300 ppd that's awsome..!!! Bout time we woke you up..:D

Sure pick on me when my gpu clients are getting the 5752 and 5750 units..!!:rolleyes:

Just wanted to give you something to shoot for. :)

Fold On..!!!

Plazz

I've noticed my production has slipped for the last few weeks. I haven't done anything different or lost any machines.

I've noticed my production has slipped for the last few weeks. I haven't done anything different or lost any machines.

Yes mine has slipped a little also do to the 2665 SMP Wu's I seem to keep getting on my clients. There seems to be a about 25-30% drop in ppd with these units.

Fold on.. !!!

Plazz

I found my best producer to be stuck, evidently for a week or better. Had to reinstall in order to get it freed back up. My numbers should go up in a day or so.

SatelliteGuys has 3 straight days of over 120K points.:up Less than 6 days now to overtake The Outcasts.:D

Just joined. Trying to get more output, any ideas on multiple instances for a Core 2 Duo?

How do you like my new sig? It took a bit to figure out.

Welcome to the team bebop, we're glad to have you.

We're the fingerprints factory or are they custom? :)
The factory did a great job cleaning up. It's that darn toddler :D.

She's learning - but having that screen at toddler level with her favorite show on - is about as tempting as it gets. She's the best addition a family could ask for - a true joy.

I'm trying to improve my performance for Folding. I'm only running about 25% of my CPU with a Core 2 Duo Q6700 processor. Is there a way to get another instance running? I tried to open the program again but get an error.

Maybe a simple command line or folder setup? If anyone knows - point me in the right direction. Thanks. Now back to folding. I never thought it would take this much manual labor to fold all these work requests...:)

She's learning - but having that screen at toddler level with her favorite show on - is about as tempting as it gets. She's the best addition a family could ask for - a true joy.

I'm trying to improve my performance for Folding. I'm only running about 25% of my CPU with a Core 2 Duo Q6700 processor. Is there a way to get another instance running? I tried to open the program again but get an error.

Maybe a simple command line or folder setup? If anyone knows - point me in the right direction. Thanks. Now back to folding. I never thought it would take this much manual labor to fold all these work requests...:)
:welcome to the SatGuys Folding Team. Try installing the smp clients into different directories and make sure they have different machine id's.

Not sure which os and client you are currently running.
If it's windows there's a couple of options. You have 2 cores on a core2 duo so 2 command line clients will work or the smp client
SMP client is a little more tricky to set up as you need to install another service too, and security needs to be set up too.
But the command line client can be set up, as suggested above, use different directories for each , but make sure you say yes to advanced whne doing /config and set the machine-id on the second to something different to teh default.
These clients are designed to run at what ever CPU capacity you have available , but will let other tasks work.

Console single client install here, Folding@home - WinUNIGuide see the note about machine id

SMP install here - (note the Beta disclaimer) Folding@home - WinSMPGuideMPICH

Good luck

Going to have to check my machines at work tomorrow. I thought I had my #1 producer back on line, but it hasn't produced a single unit this week.

Try installing the smp clients into different directories and make sure they have different machine id's.

Not sure which os and client you are currently running.
These clients are designed to run at what ever CPU capacity you have available , but will let other tasks work.

Console single client install here, Folding@home - WinUNIGuide see the note about machine id

SMP install here - (note the Beta disclaimer) Folding@home - WinSMPGuideMPICH

Good luck
Thanks guys. I was able to finally get 2 instances running on my Vista Home Premium machine. One is in the system tray with the full menu showing (lower right by the clock) and the other is a command line/link to run the Console (like the command prompt). They each take up 25% of the CPU - so I can't see how that is taking away from the folding performance overall. It appears that I doubled the output by doing this - even though I've read so many posts on other places discouraging this.

What I'm really interested in is getting the GPU working on my ATI video card. I've yet to see how to do that (at least I don't think I'm doing it now).

Looks like we currently have 35 active members - so if I'm going to do it at all - I might as well max out my contribution. I can't even begin to imagine how some of these guys have so much daily output - except to guess they have a bunch of computers running the software.

Bebop
Welcome aboard.:welcome.

As far as the GPU client (ATI) you have to run yet another client for your ATI GPU... Just remember to give it another Machine ID...

Fold On..!!!

Plazz

As far as the GPU client (ATI) you have to run yet another client for your ATI GPU... Just remember to give it another Machine ID...
Thanks Plazzman.

I can't figure out how to get it to associate with the GPU (unless I already did and I don't realize it). I'm guessing there is a different type of download that you have to install to have the graphics processor start working. Any links or instructions would be helpful. One is running in the tray (by the clock) and the other on the taskbar.

There is a lot of info on forums/instructions out there - so it's kind of overwhelming and there is a lot of technical talk just to get the 2nd (console) version running, let alone finding out how to make the GPU go to work.

I'd even be happy just trying the GPU by itself without the other 2 instances of the console/tray version running.

Getting there,
-bebop

I'll post an update if I figure it out.

Last edited:
Thanks Plazzman. I can't figure out how to get it to associate with the GPU. I'm guessing there is a different type of download that you have to install to have the graphics processor start working. Any links or instructions would be helpful. It's kinda overwhelming and lots of technical talk just to get the 2nd (console) version running, let alone finding out how to make the GPU go to work.

I'd even be happy just trying the GPU by itself without the other 2 instances of the console/tray version running.

Getting there,
-bebop

Not a prob. Here you go...
Folding@home - DownloadWinOther
Pick your choice on GPU clients.
You are in the upper echelons with your machine the previous link will help and so will we.. We will get you folding at your uppermost capability..!!:D

Fold On...!!!

Plazz

Not a prob. Here you go...
Folding@home - DownloadWinOther
Pick your choice on GPU clients.
You are in the upper echelons with your machine the previous link will help and so will we.. We will get you folding at your uppermost capability..!!:D

Fold On...!!!

Plazz
I think I'm trying to do something that is not supported. I have an onboard video and pci16e video card

The card is an ASUS EAH3450 with the ATI drivers. I don't think it's compatible. The F@H site says that it has to be an ATI 2xxx, 3xxx, 4xxx OR NVidia.

I can't figure out what my onboard video setup is since I have the EAH3450 in use.

My thoughts as of right now: Don't bother with GPU unless you get an expensive video card (high end NVIDIA or ATI).

How do I check if either of my video sources are compatible?

I've attached the display adapter info. One particular line says: Adapter Type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x95C5), ATI Technologies Inc. compatible

Attachments

• EAH3450.txt
    895 bytes · Views: 70
Update:
I finally figured out how to get my GPU to run F@H. I ended up going to the ATI website and downloading their newest Catalyst driver and it worked right away (after reboot). I had downloaded the similar driver from ASUS (the manufacturer of my card) and my whole system started to work like crap (2 instances of the CPU version and 0 for GPU).

Right now I'm running 1 GPU & 2 CPU on a Vista x64 with a Core 2 Duo Q6700 processor. And all the other functions of my PC are just fine (stable). My CPU is running at 77%.

The graphic for the GPU is pretty cool as well. For a while there I didn't think I was going to get it working - especially because my video card was $19. But it does use the ATI Radeon 3400 series, so I just kept working on it until I got it all working.

Thanks for your help and encouragement that I was going the right direction. I'm pretty impressed that my system can do all that.

Anyone else running just on one computer with the CPU and GPU going? I think I could easily pickup another EAH3450 video card and boost my output even more.

Lesson learned: If you think you should be able to get something working, keep at it until you know for sure. I just about gave up an hour or so ago (when I should have went to bed) and I wouldn't have come back to it for a long long time.

Well - back to folding...because I'm interested in seeing how many points I can rack up in the next 24 hours. I'm shooting for 2000 points/day - who knows.