Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Can we make the top 100 teams before the end of June?
We are 9.5 million points from 100th place. At this pace, we may crack the top 100 in about 90 days. Providing that there are no more surprises, i.e. Team FTL. Then there is Hunt-Dis, with 11.8 Million points last month, right on our tail.:eek:

Make that 5 spots if "Karma" ever catches up with team F-T-L .....:)
They currently have 2,595 active users and are averaging over 600K ppd.

I'm not sure that the Forum admins like us raising the red flag on F-T-L. On one hand, it is self-serving to eliminate the "competition", but this guy is stealing CPU time from unsuspecting game thieves. One the other hand, the Pande Group is in control and needs to be careful on how they handle this for good.

Regarding breaking into the Top 100, Kakao Stats predicts it will take 150 days.

I can probably hold out another couple weeks, then I will have to turn them back off for the summer. The GPUs really produce the points.

Well my points will be down a little today:river Came home from work and the oldie folder had lost power shortly after I left for work.. I was planning on throwing it on linux anywho so I figure I'm going to run the three 9800's wu's out then do the switch.. Hopefully all will be back to normal here at the farm sometime this evening..!!!:)

Looks like a good race to 2 million there jgantert and Voyager6...:up

Congrats Cegarret on the new 8800 GT..!!!! :up

Fold ON ...!!! Plazz

Congrats out to Scorpion.Sting for hitting the 8 million mark!!!!:eek::up

Fold ON..!!! Plazz
Yes, indeed! Congratulations to Scorpion.Sting!!!

8,000,000 points. [Darth Vader]Impressive.[/Darth Vader]

FunkyBoss has jumped into the 900,000 Point Club this week, too.

... Congrats Cegarret on the new 8800 GT..!!!! :up

Fold ON ...!!! Plazz

I've not got a completed WU out of the 8800 Yetit seems to get to about 5-10% and stops. I was running this along with SMP on a q6600 Quad core. today i'm taking a chance and shut down the SMP and only started trhe GPU on bootup. if it finishes then I hope i'll get more points out of the GPU. otherwise I guess I could try to find another CPU to put it in.

Any Suggestions?

I've not got a completed WU out of the 8800 Yetit seems to get to about 5-10% and stops. I was running this along with SMP on a q6600 Quad core. today i'm taking a chance and shut down the SMP and only started trhe GPU on bootup. if it finishes then I hope i'll get more points out of the GPU. otherwise I guess I could try to find another CPU to put it in.

Any Suggestions?

When you say stops, does it hang or error ?
if it errors, what message are you getting

Also what WU's is it running, there are reports of some WU's that have problems on certain cards. for example my 8600 gts could not run any 59xx wu's my 8800 gtx is fine,

Are you overclocked at all. do you know what temp the card and cpu are running at ?
my gpu is running at 79c and my cpu's run at about 60c
- might be overheating. check out nvidia system monitor

FYI this is not an unusual config, smp and gpu on a quad core so it must be something unique, we just need to find out what.

Have you set the GPU client to slightly elevated cpu priority? That should help keep the GPU happy.
Not sure exactly what you mean. The slider is all the way to the left so I thnk the answer is no.

When you say stops, does it hang or error ?
if it errors, what message are you getting

Also what WU's is it running, there are reports of some WU's that have problems on certain cards. for example my 8600 gts could not run any 59xx wu's my 8800 gtx is fine,

Are you overclocked at all. do you know what temp the card and cpu are running at ?
my gpu is running at 79c and my cpu's run at about 60c
- might be overheating. check out nvidia system monitor

FYI this is not an unusual config, smp and gpu on a quad core so it must be something unique, we just need to find out what.

I installed the "Windows XP/2003/Vista GPU System tray client with special viewer for NVIDIA GPU's (installer msi)" and when I start it up i check it and it is chugging along and has my User# & Team# correct. but later when i open the display console the User & Team #'s are incorrect and the system is just sitting there (not even processing). So i think that the system is just hanging. the tool tip in the system tray shows 200/1500 but the display shows 0/150000 and is not changing. (no errors though).

I'm not sure what what WU I'm Getting/Running

I'm not overclocked but am running at ~70c. I'll look at the system monitor tonight.

thanks to both of you for your help.