Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Not sure exactly what you mean. The slider is all the way to the left so I thnk the answer is no.

I installed the "Windows XP/2003/Vista GPU System tray client with special viewer for NVIDIA GPU's (installer msi)" and when I start it up i check it and it is chugging along and has my User# & Team# correct. but later when i open the display console the User & Team #'s are incorrect and the system is just sitting there (not even processing). So i think that the system is just hanging. the tool tip in the system tray shows 200/1500 but the display shows 0/150000 and is not changing. (no errors though).

I'm not sure what what WU I'm Getting/Running

I'm not overclocked but am running at ~70c. I'll look at the system monitor tonight.

thanks to both of you for your help.

Just a thought if you are running both SMP and the GPU they have to be set to different machine ID's. The default should work as the SMP defaults to 1 and the GPU defaults to 2 but worth a look. If you are running just the GPU by itself that wouldn't be the problem though. If it doesn't run by itself I would first try to delete the log file, que.dat file and the work directory to get a new WU and see what happens. If that doesn't work I would un install it, delte all directory's and re install.

Fold ON..!!!! Plazz

cegarrett,

based on how you explain the problem, I don't think it's a core priority issue. I would try what plazz suggests and report back.

you might want to elevate the core priority on the GPU core anyways, I am not in front of my GPU systems right now, but there is an option to use if you are running any other clients. I don't recall it being a slider, just a couple radio buttons.

here's my log file for since i started. the thing i see repeated is:

mdrun_gpu returned
NANs detected on GPU
Folding@home Core Shutdown: UNSTABLE_MACHINE

then also see "EUE limit exceeded. Pausing 24 hours." a couple of times

does this help?

Attachments

• FAHlog.txt
    30.8 KB · Views: 71
here's my log file for since i started. the thing i see repeated is:

mdrun_gpu returned
NANs detected on GPU
Folding@home Core Shutdown: UNSTABLE_MACHINE

then also see "EUE limit exceeded. Pausing 24 hours." a couple of times

does this help?

Is that the only video card in the system? You don't have on board video do you?
If neither of those apply what is the size of your power supply?
Sorry for more questions than answers..:(

Fold ON...!!! Plazz

Well my points will be down a little today:river Came home from work and the oldie folder had lost power shortly after I left for work.. I was planning on throwing it on linux anywho so I figure I'm going to run the three 9800's wu's out then do the switch.. Hopefully all will be back to normal here at the farm sometime this evening..!!!:)

Looks like a good race to 2 million there jgantert and Voyager6...:up

Congrats Cegarret on the new 8800 GT..!!!! :up

Fold ON ...!!! Plazz

Ok as of 9:10 am EST I'm back folding full force.. Also had the 2 ATI 3850's down overnight!! Had a time setting up the oldie quad on Linux. Been awhile and I had forgot a few Linux things...:rolleyes: Gotta love the Linux SMP client though!!!:D Don't really gain on the GPU's as they are still running the same under the wine wrapper but WOW the smp client really performs.

Fold ON...!!! Plazz

It's been a good week so far for SatGuys. Over 1 million points already this week. We should top 47 million points today.:D We have 3 teams in our sights and should overtake them all in the next 4 days.:up The 2 million point mark should be reached by two of us in the next 2 to 3 days. (I hope that Duggan75 has some cold ones ready.;))

It looks like Shippensburg has taken a tumble but Team FTL is now up to #103 and is averaging 3.7 million points per week.

Finally cooled down here so I'm folding again. I think I'm going to fold when it doesn't add too much heat to the house. I have a hard enough time keeping things cool as it is.

You'd think Idaho would be cooler, but Boise is a hot spot from May to September. But on the flip side, I can warm up by the GPU in the winter!

Right now it's the same temp outside as my GPU.

No problem there bebop. Many folders output goes down in the summer (mine included usually), but it's been such a cool summer so far (parts of state still getting light frost temps at night) that it's no been a big deal yet.

Of course come winter, we all welcome the extra heat. :)

Congrats out to jgantert for reaching and winning the race to 2 million..!!!;):up
Just remember to save a couple of Kool ones for Voyager6 while you enjoy your stay..:D

Fold ON... !!!! Plazz

Last edited:
Yeah, I should probably hit it sometime today. My Quad is at 84%, when its done I should be over 2 Mil.

Just squeaked by. :p
Congratulations on reaching 2,000,000 points, jgantert!! Hopefully, Plazzman left some pretzels...