Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

My whole folding factory is offline and probably will be for a while. I took an electrical hit from the storm, blew past my home surge arrestor and my APC equipment. Took out most electronics in my home. Odd thing is the storm has been long past, but something came down my line for sure. :(

Congrats to mike123abc, our new daily points leader.:D His production has jumped from 14K ppd to 24K ppd.:up

It is actually been 27kppd for the last few days. I have one GTX 480 card putting out about 13kppd. I dropped one slow card that was doing about 1kppd. The 480 really produces. For a few more weeks before I probably shut down some production for summer heat control.

My whole folding factory is offline and probably will be for a while. I took an electrical hit from the storm, blew past my home surge arrestor and my APC equipment. Took out most electronics in my home. Odd thing is the storm has been long past, but something came down my line for sure. :(
That must of been some surge to blow out all that protection.:eek:

That must of been some surge to blow out all that protection.:eek:

yeah, it took out everything almost. Fridge, microwave, clocks, 1 of the tvs, 4 PC's. Only have 2 laptops left working at the moment. Blew out 6 circuit breakers in the panel also.

I'm not completely sure what quality the whole house surge arrestor was. It came with the house when we bought it.

Insurance adjuster was just like "man, wtf came down the line" APC is asking me to send the UPS's back to them. They were smart-ups 1500's, 3 of them toast. I told them I am not paying the shipping on these things to send them back. Insurance says they will pay for the shipping however and maybe I can see if APC stands behind their protection policy monetary claims.

I found out a couple neighbors are also affected.

Well, through the underground transformer exploding and severe weather of the last few weeks, I'm not surprised that my Points Average has dropped like a rock. I picked up a WU on my Mac Pro and it predicted a 10 day run :)eek:); looking at the log it got half-way done and the Client did a self-terminate to stop and get a new WU all on its own. I have no idea if I'd get partial credit for something like that, but I must have grabbed a monster WU meant for the octo-plus core machines.

And SatinKzo... I'm sorry to read about your electrical surge. I hope your insurance pays out and you can replace all your Folding Farm with new, dodeca-core Folders! We need you, buddy!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-08 at 09.40.30 .png
    Screen shot 2010-06-08 at 09.40.30 .png
    13.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Screen shot 2010-06-08 at 09.43.28 .png
    Screen shot 2010-06-08 at 09.43.28 .png
    14.5 KB · Views: 63
I've seen at times that my GPU and SMP clients get hung up trying to upload or download. It seems like they stay that way for 12-18 hours, then start working again. I can only hope that everyone is in the same boat so someone notifies Stanford that there is a problem.

The server issue must of been cleared up overnight. The WU's that had been waiting to send are now gone.:D

I'm still working with insurance. Because of how things blew out. They ordered a full electical inspection. Looks like I might end up with a whole new service panel etc. I have checks in the bank for the fried equipment, but have not even begun to look at replacements until they determine the electical is up to snuff.