Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Boy, who pulled the plug? I've taken over the #1 spot. ScorpionSting shut down a week ago?

I cut most my folders early last month when the summer heat arrived. Way too expensive to use the electricity for the PCs to just turn around and use even more to cool them down with the AC. Probably be 2 more months. End of September is probably when cool weather starts and I can use them as space heaters again. Went from 27k a day down to 1.6k/day.

A SatelliteGuys Folding Shout-out to jrp for reaching 4,000,000 Points! Congratulations!!!

A SatelliteGuys Folding Shout-out to jrp for reaching 4,000,000 Points! Congratulations!!!

Thanks. My folders promptly responded by going down, along with my internet connection, in a storm on Friday night. The folders are still down.

Hey guys, I haven't forgotten the team, but with this summer being so warm, I really haven't been motivated to get the folders going quickly, but tonight I plan on bringing a couple GPU's back in to the fold (pun intended). Sorry been gone so long but being that I was basically getting the whole house re-wired I obviously had to get that done first anyways.

I haven't even really been following the team that much this summer due to my non-production except for some odd client I must still have running at my old job that I had completely forgotten about.

I hope the weather cooperates soon. Looks like we are going from low 100s to mid 90s next week. Maybe able to turn the folder all back on by the end of September.

Geesh, first night back and check results this morning, Bunch of "unable to read results from disk" when trying to send. Then clears the info and downloads a new WU. Have to look into it later tonight.

SatinKzo said:
Geesh, first night back and check results this morning, Bunch of "unable to read results from disk" when trying to send. Then clears the info and downloads a new WU. Have to look into it later tonight.
You are cutting it close, I've been Folding through the heat and have been catching up to your Points Total. Extreme has it at two weeks before I pass you for second, but now I think I'm waiting for Voyager6 to zip pass me for third.

laff, yep just took a break for the summer to give you false hope! :) I seriously only got around to rebuilding/replacing some of my machines earlier this month. I didn't go crazy on stuff and basically have the same GPU's as before. I haven't started up the last one yet, I'm still assembling the system. Probably after labor day.

You are cutting it close, I've been Folding through the heat and have been catching up to your Points Total. Extreme has it at two weeks before I pass you for second, but now I think I'm waiting for Voyager6 to zip pass me for third.
Looks like it will take me about 1.5 YEARS to catch you.:D