Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I saw that. I could not figure it out. At first I thought ok it was the MS patches that were released caused my computers to reboot and I needed to go log them back in and start up folding. Well it was not the cause. I looked through the folding log files and saw they continued to get work units throughout the day. So, then I figured it was a folding at home issue when I looked at some of the other output during that time.

looks like I timed my computer downtime well then. Was redoing stuff and was offline most of the night and didn't even flinch when my points dropped as I expected it.

Like you, SatinKzo, it looks like my LAN outage was also well-timed. Since I have 3 GPU Folders running, the SMP Folders seemed to carry me through due to their long WU times (28-42 hours/WU).

I was wondering what happened when I checked team statistics and the graph went into free-fall. At my points rate I'm only a small blip but, amazingly, that was the night my power went out for five hours - any my ups is only good for ten minutes. Must have been a cosmic conspiracy against the team.

Chestnuts roasting by an open Folding machine.... Not sure how much I'll be online the next couple days so Merry Christmas to all our satguys folding team members.

Sorry, Team, I'm going to have to pull the plug on my nVidia Folder for a while. The hosting Dell Dimension has been throwing memory errors in the last month, and when I finally looked into the case, I found a couple of bulging electrolytic capacitors (my fave! look at previous posts from 2007 & 2008 in this thread) and there won't be any time with upcoming events to do surgery on the PC. I was thinking of swapping out the AMD card in the HP workstation with the nVidia, but again, that's going to take time from housecleaning and wrapping and Holiday parties, etc., so it won't happen any time soon.

In the mean time, my Mac Mini will replace the Dell so I may let it finish its WU and shut it down for good. In any case, I expect my PPD to drop to the 4-8 KPPD range. Maybe Santa will bring a new nVidia GT460?

Congrats ridnlow and SatelliteGuys. There was an electrical outage over the holiday & I just got my folders rebooted today.