Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have had this i7 for 2 months and hadn't even thought about it till this thread was revived....it is now folding;)

Yeah well left and back now....I need to set the old computer to run all the time for folding...not as much juice as this one, but since it sits idle in another room might as well.

Dang this thing is smoking in 2 days I went from 119 to 93 in rank.

ke4est said:
Dang this thing is smoking in 2 days I went from 119 to 93 in rank.
just wait, you'll be in the Top 20 with the limited number of active Folders.

NewEgg has GX560 cards for ~$150 or so. I wonder if it's time to swap out the MB on the dead Dell (bad caps) with a refurbed Core 2 Duo MB from Geeks.com. I'm getting the itch again.

I just built an i7-3770 and am folding again to beat up on it some. It seems to be cranking just fine. I'll do the same when I get a discrete GPU added. I'm concidering a GTX 570.

Outstanding performance goes out to John in brick, NJ.......you are really cranking it out. Some of us dial down the folding in the summer 9including me) but you have so far stayed rock steady. :whoo::hail: What gets me is people coming on this forum stating that they have this or that (in computer power for more points for the team) yet they dont follow through. I would like more team members that will contribute even if that means passing me. Come on guys lets do this. talk to your friends. get them involved afterall this is for a good cause......ok my praise and rant are done.....Go John. :)

Scorpion.sting said:
Outstanding performance goes out to John in brick, NJ.......you are really cranking it out. Some of us dial down the folding in the summer 9including me) but you have so far stayed rock steady. :whoo::hail: What gets me is people coming on this forum stating that they have this or that (in computer power for more points for the team) yet they dont follow through. I would like more team members that will contribute even if that means passing me. Come on guys lets do this. talk to your friends. get them involved afterall this is for a good cause......ok my praise and rant are done.....Go John. :)

Well said.

Thank for the nice words Scorp, Building a couple what I would call low budget power house computers is a hobby and since I don't really do any type of computing they need a purpose and folding is that.

I can understand the summer heat issues that we deal with, I to will have to deal with it but it's been OK so far. That being said we were kind of lean all fall winter and spring. Come on guys!! Fold On.:)

Well I've been pretty consistent. I've lost the Big WU (bigadv) bonus on my i7, and unemployment means no more work folders. But I still have the i7 and core2quad cranking away over the last year or so...