Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I’ve got a million Point hole in my results after storms moved through our area and we lost power for five hours. Fortunately, I have the BIOS set to automatically restore the previous power settings when power comes back.

Reactions: KE4EST
Woo-Hoo!!! The SatelliteGuys Team just passed 13,000,000,000 Points!

Bah, Fooey, we just slipped another position; we’re down to #87.

Interesting article here: DeepMind AI handles protein folding, which humbled previous software
Today, DeepMind announced that it has seemingly solved one of biology's outstanding problems: how the string of amino acids in a protein folds up into a three-dimensional shape that enables their complex functions. It's a computational challenge that has resisted the efforts of many very smart biologists for decades, despite the application of supercomputer-level hardware for these calculations. DeepMind instead trained its system using 128 specialized processors for a couple of weeks; it now returns potential structures within a couple of days.

I have ordered a i9 Gaming system with a GTX 3070 Card for my son for the holidays and the fact he is graduating high school 6 months early.

I am hoping he gets bored with it so I can steal the video card out of it... wondering if he would notice if I moved him to a 1070? :D

Reactions: Foxbat and KE4EST
Sorry guys, I'm out, at least for a little while. My ye olde machine is showing some age, so need to possibly replace.

35 hours without power due to an ice storm. What fun. What? Fun?
I've been without power since Friday evening and PGE (Portland General Electric, not PG&E) no longer offers updates on when the power might come back on. Now that Portland is having their silver thaw, I suspect the sent all the repair crews up there.

• Sad
Reactions: EatMyVolts
I've been without power since Friday evening and PGE (Portland General Electric, not PG&E) no longer offers updates on when the power might come back on. Now that Portland is having their silver thaw, I suspect the sent all the repair crews up there.
Yeah, we can always tell the newcomers to Oregon, they call it PG&E. PGE is better but they are so overwhelmed this time. My power is back but there are still a lot of trees down in my area (West Linn), I have to drive thru two road closed signs to get to my house. Hope you get your back soon.

One thing I haven't figured out, when the power is out and I walk in to a room why do I still flip the light switch on?