Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

BTW, those of us with dual- or quad-core CPUs should try using the SMP beta. I was looking at the F@H Forums and one of the mods mentioned that they reward beta testers with more points per WU completed. My first WU was worth 1440 points.

so I have a Intel Core 2 Duo 6400. I should use the SMP?

From what I've seen, the SMP version has a few warts, but runs reasonable well on my Mac. I don't have any experience on the Windows or Linux versions, but I think they said that the Windows SMP beta uses a different engine (non-Unix-based) and may have different problems. Digiblur appears to be running it on at least one of his AMD boxes, so maybe he can let you know how best to set up for it.

Regarding the WU names, I'd check out the FAQs on their website. Dstrouth, your question sounds like this one about getting the same protein.

Scott needs to update the homepage: we're up to 5508th of 57836 teams!

According to task Manager the SMP runs 4 processes so it's optimized to run up to Quad core but a dual core will run 2 processes on each core (that's what I'm doing).

Cegarrett said:
I've got the SMP & The Gui running on the same system should I stop the GUI???

My GUI finished it 1st WU this morning so I shut it down and will just run the SMP.

stone phillips420 said:
well be in top 1000 in no time

I think we can go higher than 1000 :cool: maybe even 500 :cool:

Last edited:
stone phillips420 said:
well be in top 1000 in no time
While we're making good progress, we have a long way to go. I downloaded the complete team stats database this morning (as of 3-Apr-2007 11:00 UTC), and here are our stats and those from some of the milestone teams ahead of us:

5262th place:Team SatelliteGuys.US, 38,160 pts, 130 WUs
5000th place:Team Newburyport Public Schools, 42,006 pts, 447 WUs
4000th place:Team dan501, 61,602 pts, 1,268 WUs
3000th place:Team isonews, 99,383 pts, 1,930 WUs
2000th place:Team CF2M, 180,222 pts, 1,523 WUs
1000th place:Team stratocruiser, 452,106 pts, 2,736 WUs
500th place:Team kruck, 1,132,015 pts, 8,593 WUs
100th place:Team klfteam1, 9,794,643 pts, 47,943 WUs​

I think we'll crack the top 5000 in the next couple of days; the top 4000 will take maybe two weeks. If we can get more members to participate, I think the top 1000 can be achieved by the end of the year.

Last edited:
One Milestone Past, How Soon to 4000?

I think we'll crack the top 5000 in the next couple of days...
Okay, well, I suppose "technically", today is "in the next couple of days", but Woo-Hoo! We've broken into the top 5000: Currently SatelliteGuys.US is 4899th of 58057 teams.

Edit: Boy, I think Stanford needs some more servers. Busy, busy, busy...

I left my machine on at work - so it should be going for the next 12 hours non-stop; and the desktop is cranking away too... :)

But yes, the Stanford servers rarely respond to the stats...

I just set mine up so later on tonight it should start I hope.

They made an announcement in their forum that they were updating the stats system. I don't think it went too well because ever since Monday, the stats server is down.

http://forum.folding-community.org/

"We are going to take the stats down for several hours at 10am pacific time on Monday April 2 (today). We need to make updates to the stats system for v6 and test that these updates are working. When we go back on-line, we will hopefully have the upgdraded stats working and would then be ready to launch v6. We are keeping a backup of the stats, such that we can at any time revert to the old stats system if there are any bugs in the code. So, the stats data is very much safe during this transition, but there may be some unforseen problems (it's hard to predict those). This is actually mostly unrelated to all the stats work done last week to improve performance for the PS3."

Currently ranking : SatelliteGuys.US

Date of last work unit 2007-04-04 04:34:26
Active CPUs within 50 days 39
Team Id 55236
Grand Score 48051 (certificate)
Work Unit Count 161 (certificate)
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 4747 of 58152

I put one box on it a couple of days ago. I have a new dual-dual core Xeon coming that I might spin up a couple as well.

LER

LER,
Maybe Scott would sign off on the SatGuys servers doing some background folding...;)

Interesting idea, but not at this time we are still having our strange server load problem. So I wouldnt do it until after that is fixed.