July 4th Fireworks in 4k?

I can't imagine how 4K fireworks would looks any better than 1080 i. To me, 4K is just a maybe/sort of/kind of improvement.

Reactions: joewhite57
I'd actually like to see 'A Capitol 4th' from PBS in 4K. I remember that they did one of the first HD broadcasts back in the late 90s...

Reactions: Foxbat
If you have a 4K UHDTV then you will see a "Capitol 4th" in 4K because your 4KUHDTV upscales the 1080i picture,actually a 720p setting maybe better for fireworks.:oldsmile2
Close, but not quite. It is an upscaled picture so it is called 'near 4K.' If it is not shot with 4K cameras and transmitted as a 4K signal all the info isn't there...

I read that the Boston Pop's July 4th concert and fireworks are going to be on Bloomberg TV (203). It has not come up in the guide yet.

I read that the Boston Pop's July 4th concert and fireworks are going to be on Bloomberg TV (203). It has not come up in the guide yet.
I'll be looking for that! I loved it when it was on A&E they showed the whole thing. Then it went to a network and they showed just a little bit of it.

Good point! Why would 720p be better? Wouldn't the dynamic range overwhelm it? I have a 65" LG OLED TV.

Thx and have a safe 4th!

Yes that's a possibility suggest you switch between resolutions during the program and use the best one for you,when I had Dish the 720p setting made the colors look deeper than when in 1080i but it's
all in the eyes of the viewer.This is the first year I will be viewing on cable and our cable box upscales to 1080p/60.Thx and definitely have a safe 4th!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)