Jun 10 - Jul 09 dishHD Absolute With Locals              34.99
DVR Service                                               6.00
DVR Service                                              -4.99
                                                       $ 36.00

Taxes
May 25 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts)             2.15
Total AutoPay on Jun 14, 2010                          $ 38.15

My new bill is lower!

I just checked my new statement online and my bill dropped by about 6 bucks.

Now all I am being charged for is
HD absolute ----29.99
dvr fee ----------- 6.0
-----------------------------------
$35.99

Nice.

But I also had a 1.77 credit this month because they said I overpaid last month.

so this month it was 34.22

Last edited:
Interesting I wonder what the formula is for the absolute price reductions. I'm still at $34.99 w/locals, plus $6 DVR fee. About a year ago I called to find out if I could get out of the DVR fee, but they wouldn't budge. I have a 622.

Interesting I wonder what the formula is for the absolute price reductions. I'm still at $34.99 w/locals, plus $6 DVR fee. About a year ago I called to find out if I could get out of the DVR fee, but they wouldn't budge. I have a 622.

I have a 622 as well as an SD receiver and my bill dated 6/13 looks like this:

Service Date(s) Detailed Activity

Monthly Charges
Jun 28 - Jul 27

Solo Receiver 7.00
DVR Service 6.00
DishHD Absolute w/Locals 29.99
Total $ 42.99

Taxes
Jun 13 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) 1.47
Total Due by Jul 03, 2010 $ 44.46

What is the date of your bill? Perhaps you haven't received the new pricing yet.

For everyone that said their bill went down $5. Do you have a dual tuner receiver that was not connected to either phone or internet previously?

I am just wondering if the new pricing is just now taking effect for existing subs as far as the $5 phone or broadband not connected fee for tv2.

My 722 has always been connected & I did not see a $5 decrease.

I have a dual tuner (722k) and it WAS connected before and still is and my bill went down $5 so I don't think it has anything to do with receivers or connections, I do believe it's because of new free locals included as I was paying 5$ for them.

I've got a sweet deal, but am not feeling the same love that some of you are feeling.
julybill.jpg

oldanbo, the first receiver is free. I only have one. When my children left the nest, I went from 4 receivers down to one 722.
Obviously, DishHD Absolute is an older, discontinued package, and those of us that still have it are grandfathered for now.

Just received my new statement & it now shows $5 off, $29.99 with locals. I also noticed ala carte rfdtv & the outdoor channel are also now $3 each. :(

Probably Time to Change

My bill is going up $3.00 this month and another $10.00 next month. I have loved the VIP DVRs and have 3 (1 622 and 2 722's). However, with the large price increases for the DUO DVRs, the cost has gotten way too high, The $10.00 increase next month is due to the $10.00 6 month credit expiring. I do not know the cause of the $3.00 increase this month. My bill will be $130.00 next month with no premiums. My charges are for Americas Top 250, (2) HD Duo DVR receirvers, Multisport, HD Platinum, Service Plan, DVR Service, HD 250 Free.

I have 18 MIPs UVerse internet service and might switch to their TV service if I can get 3 HD Streams at once. I will probably also check out DirectTV, but have not liked their DVRs in the past.

I have been satisfied with Dish in the past, but the huge increases on Duo DVRs this year have changed things and Dish has now become the highest priced provider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)