Just a Clue, Fox-hd is back up in engineering mode on Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
CWS_kahuna said:
Well I don't know what that means but I am guessing it's a good thing.

That means that the signal is actually up on the satellite but only 'test' cards can see it.

What channel is it on?

If its on the specials channels then maybe just the NFL games like they did last time with baseball.

If its on the normal channel then full time?

it wouldn't shock me if this was on VERY soon.

Think about it - NFL ST doens't need as many simultaneous channels as of this week - 2 of the HD games (the Fox/CBS ones) are on Saturday through the end of the season.

So - this *should* free up some space.

kslot1982 said:
Ch.88 also on here in atlanta!

I don't subscribe to D* locals. Does this mean I'm shut out even though I DO subscribe to D*'s HD package?

In order to get the distant networks, even in HD (for now anyway until the new SHIVA act gets implemented) you have to either live in an Owned and Operated DMA (meaning the FOX station in your DMA, or local market is owned and operated by FOX and not an affiliate) OR have Directv submit a waiver on your behalf to your affiliate to get FOX-HD.

alta said:
I don't subscribe to D* locals. Does this mean I'm shut out even though I DO subscribe to D*'s HD package?

Yes, you must add locals or have DNS.

BFG said:
Yes, you must add locals or have DNS.

Thanks. This HD package they offer better get a whole lot better before I sign on for $12/mos.
:mad:

The HD package is $10.99 but if you want to call it twelve O.K

But I do predict another channel will be added to the pack on 1/6 ;)

Lets hope at least TNT-HD is added soon. Although I am very glad to see FOX-HD online, TNT-HD should have been a higher priority.

BFG said:
The HD package is $10.99 but if you want to call it twelve O.K

But I do predict another channel will be added to the pack on 1/6 ;)

Actually, its $0.00 for the next 5 months.

I live here in Tampa FL, a O&O market by Fox and I do not get either 88 or 89. It's on my guide but no feed. Do i need to call DirecTv to have them activate it for me?

:mad: Great. I've been told by Directv that because of the new SHIVA reauthorization I'm going to lose my distant network HD channels I already have (CBS as of now, ABC whenever it would go online). I was told that because of the reauthorization D* couldn't even submit waivers to get these.

This is coming from a CSR in their HD eligibility dept.

I can't get any of my local stations in HD reliability because of how my townhouse is situated to the tower locations. I'm in the perfect spot for the D* satellites just not the towers.

UPDATE: I was just told now that there's nothing I can do. I can't talk to my local station about this nor can I talk to D*. No one can do anything. So much for this helping those who can't get a reliable OTA HD signal. Not very happy about this. :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts