Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
Over the past few weeks I have reinstalled and updated the operating systems on all my junk. (Xp, Vista and W7) In doing so I have found that this site is faster by far, than any I visit.

Don't mess with it.:D

You upgraded your junk?? Your wife must be happy. LOL ;) :D

EDIT: Darn it, I thought you said "upgraded" - you said "updated." You should have upgraded your junk's operating system to OSX, it would then have been "magical."

"reinstalled and updated the operating systems on all my junk"

Sounds painful - pretty much did the same after kid #4 , though :)

EDIT: Darn it, I thought you said "upgraded" - you said "updated." You should have upgraded your junk's operating system to OSX, it would then have been "magical."

"reinstalled and updated the operating systems on all my junk"

Sounds painful - pretty much did the same after kid #4 , though :)

Gotta admit, I am a little concerned he visits this site with "his junk." :)
:haha :haha :eek:

Thanks Frank,

I work hard to try keeping the system running as fast as we can, and its why I get upset when people say the site is slow when I know its running at topspeed. as I know their issue is out of my control. (I get upset because there is nothing I can do on my end to speed them up.)

With that said within the next 2 months I hope to be even faster. Last week I got permission from my wife to order our new web server on September 13th.

This new web server will replace our now 5 year old web server with the latest state of the art technology possible. I am really excited about it and can't wait to order it. :)

Thanks Frank,

I work hard to try keeping the system running as fast as we can, and its why I get upset when people say the site is slow when I know its running at topspeed. as I know their issue is out of my control. (I get upset because there is nothing I can do on my end to speed them up.)

With that said within the next 2 months I hope to be even faster. Last week I got permission from my wife to order our new web server on September 13th.

This new web server will replace our now 5 year old web server with the latest state of the art technology possible. I am really excited about it and can't wait to order it. :)
That's soon!!! :D

Very soon!

I just sent the server Gurus (LER and AnthonyG) my final specs on the new server seeking their input... but looking at the specs this thing should FLY.

Here is what we are looking at now...

Supermicro 119TQ-R700UB 1U Rack Chassis with 700W Redundant Power Supply
Supermicro MCP-290-00062-0N 1U Slide Rails
Supermicro MCP-310-81901-0B Air Shroud
Supermicro X8DTU-6TF+ Server Board
2x Intel Xeon X5560 Quad-Core 2.80GHz 8MB Cache, 6.4GT/s QPI, 95W, 45nm
2x Supermicro SNK-P0037P 1U Passive CPU Heatsink for X8 MB
2x Total 24GB, 6pcs of Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC Reg KVR1333D3S4R9S/4G
Integrated Intel® 82599EB 10 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
8pcs of 146GB Seagate Savvio (6Gb/s, 15K RPM, 16MB Cache) 2.5'' Hot-Swapable SAS Drives
Integrated Matrox G200eW Video

The drives will be setup in a RAID 10 setup giving us 584GB of usable space.

The new server will be our Web, Mail and File transfer server, and will also be setup so that its a backup database server. We will continue to use our current database server as our m ain database server since its doing a great job and is sitting there heavily underutilized... (and by under utilized I mean the avg CPU load is 0.05)

The current webserver we are on will be retired. If someone is interested in purchasing it please let me know and I can send you over the specs. The current server works well the issue is we are running out of hard drive space on it. :)

I will be paying for the new server out of my own pocket however I will be soliciting donations for it as a number of members have asked me if they can help. (Thank you guys!)

Thank you for allowing me to run SatelliteGuys for you, without you guys we wouldn't be here!

OSX? Is that even a real OS! LoL

Some have installed that on their non-apple junk!

scott just keep up the good job and im very happy with this site and the speed is fine with me :)

Very soon!

I just sent the server Gurus (LER and AnthonyG) my final specs on the new server seeking their input... but looking at the specs this thing should FLY.

Here is what we are looking at now...

Supermicro 119TQ-R700UB 1U Rack Chassis with 700W Redundant Power Supply
Supermicro MCP-290-00062-0N 1U Slide Rails
Supermicro MCP-310-81901-0B Air Shroud
Supermicro X8DTU-6TF+ Server Board
2x Intel Xeon X5560 Quad-Core 2.80GHz 8MB Cache, 6.4GT/s QPI, 95W, 45nm
2x Supermicro SNK-P0037P 1U Passive CPU Heatsink for X8 MB
2x Total 24GB, 6pcs of Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC Reg KVR1333D3S4R9S/4G
Integrated Intel® 82599EB 10 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
8pcs of 146GB Seagate Savvio (6Gb/s, 15K RPM, 16MB Cache) 2.5'' Hot-Swapable SAS Drives
Integrated Matrox G200eW Video

The drives will be setup in a RAID 10 setup giving us 584GB of usable space.

The new server will be our Web, Mail and File transfer server, and will also be setup so that its a backup database server. We will continue to use our current database server as our m ain database server since its doing a great job and is sitting there heavily underutilized... (and by under utilized I mean the avg CPU load is 0.05)

The current webserver we are on will be retired. If someone is interested in purchasing it please let me know and I can send you over the specs. The current server works well the issue is we are running out of hard drive space on it. :)

I will be paying for the new server out of my own pocket however I will be soliciting donations for it as a number of members have asked me if they can help. (Thank you guys!)

Thank you for allowing me to run SatelliteGuys for you, without you guys we wouldn't be here!

Scott,

Looks good, but you need at least some bling. :D

http://www.crucial.com/store/listmodule/DDR3/~Ballistix Tracer 240-pin DIMM (with LEDs)~/list.html

Newegg.com - APEVIA CF12SL-BGN 120mm UV green LED fan w/3-pin and 4-pin connectors and black grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)