just another setup problem

cbrbarnes

Original poster
Aug 20, 2017
Florida
Hi All,
First time posting but have been reading on the forum for a good bit. Thanks for all the great information everyone posts. I am currently setting up a dish install on my rv and have ran into a problem. I cannot get sat. 110 channels. 119 works perfect. When I performed the check switch test and clicked details port 2 says "good connection, no signal". My assumption is my dish is pointed incorrectly in which I receive 119 but not 110 or am i supposed to be using port 2 or port 3 on the lnb?. Any help would be appreciated.

My current equipment/details:
Reciever-vip211z (1 RG6 cable going from PORT 1 on LNB to back of rcvr)
Dish-1000.2 (tripod setup)
LNB- DP Plus
Current Zip code: 32008
Dish set at- Elevation 40*. Azimuth 235*. Skew 132*

Check switch results- Port 1= SAT. 119.... Trans. OK.... Device. EA2
Port 2= SAT. CONN... Trans. X.... Device. EA2
Switch : DPP EA 2
Super Dish and alternate are NOT checked

"Point Dish" Menu shows
SAT 119 strong signal "echostar 119 west"
SAT 110 strong signal "wrong sat echostar 119 west"

Hi All,
First time posting but have been reading on the forum for a good bit. Thanks for all the great information everyone posts. I am currently setting up a dish install on my rv and have ran into a problem. I cannot get sat. 110 channels. 119 works perfect. When I performed the check switch test and clicked details port 2 says "good connection, no signal". My assumption is my dish is pointed incorrectly in which I receive 119 but not 110 or am i supposed to be using port 2 or port 3 on the lnb?. Any help would be appreciated.

My current equipment/details:
Reciever-vip211z (1 RG6 cable going from PORT 1 on LNB to back of rcvr)
Dish-1000.2 (tripod setup)
LNB- DP Plus
Current Zip code: 32008
Dish set at- Elevation 40*. Azimuth 235*. Skew 132*

Check switch results- Port 1= SAT. 119.... Trans. OK.... Device. EA2
Port 2= SAT. CONN... Trans. X.... Device. EA2
Switch : DPP EA 2
Super Dish and alternate are NOT checked

"Point Dish" Menu shows
SAT 119 strong signal "echostar 119 west"
SAT 110 strong signal "wrong sat echostar 119 west"
Are you aiming for Eastern Arc or Western Arc satellites? Check Switch looks like an EA setup that is picking up 119 a Western Arc satellite.

Reactions: ncted
Thank you for the replies. I believe im supposed to be going for Western arc (110,119). Im in Florida. I now see what your talking about since my check switch says ea which stands for eastern arc I'm assuming! Do I need to purchase a Western arc lnb now?

Tommorow I will try pointing the dish 9* to the east to see what happens! Thanks for the help.
Also I have read about sat 129. Should I get 129 if I'm trying to get 110 and 119? My current lnb is a dual so once again I'm assuming I need a triple to get 3 sats?

Yes an EA2 only will only work with the EA satellites. You could aim at the EA satellites, Elevation 53.3, Azimuth 165.7 magnetic, and Skew 72.9.

You should pick up satellites 72.7 and 61.5. You will get all your programming from the two EA satellites.

Or you can get a WA LNBF and then use the WA satellites.

Tallahassee is a WA/EA DMA.

Line of sight problems when trying to hit the eastern arc. Borrowed a friends Western arc and pointed the dish again. Picked up 110 119 129 all channels work great. Thanks for the help guys! I had the wrong damn equipment!

Reactions: Ziptied

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)