Just became a new customer, and I'm VERY excited!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sjvirchow

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Hello all! I signed up for Dish Network last night! I have an installation scheduled for today! I have two questions.

1. Will the installer run all the cabling from the satellite to the receiver inside the walls, then connect them to coax jacks in the wall, then the receiver to the coax jacks? That would make it easy to move the receiver if need be. My house was never wired for cable in the first place...

2. I'm getting the HD and DVR receiver (The 722k I believe). I'll have one HDTV hooked up the receiver, and a standered def TV upstairs, on the same receiver. How do the commands from Remote #2 on the standered def TV get sent to the receiver all the way downstairs by the HDTV?

3. If I were to move, would Dish install the service at my new house for free?

Thanks!! I can't wait!!

Hello all! I signed up for Dish Network last night! I have an installation scheduled for today! I have two questions.

1. Will the installer run all the cabling from the satellite to the receiver inside the walls, then connect them to coax jacks in the wall, then the receiver to the coax jacks? That would make it easy to move the receiver if need be. My house was never wired for cable in the first place...

2. I'm getting the HD and DVR receiver (The 722k I believe). I'll have one HDTV hooked up the receiver, and a standered def TV upstairs, on the same receiver. How do the commands from Remote #2 on the standered def TV get sent to the receiver all the way downstairs by the HDTV?

3. If I were to move, would Dish install the service at my new house for free?

Thanks!! I can't wait!!

1. The installer drilled holes in my wall, and ran the cables straight through to the receiver. I went back later and put terminals at the wall. Unhappy about that, but I wasn't home when he did that part.
2. The remote for tv2 uses uhf, so it'll reach downstairs without a problem. The only problem you might encounter is if a neighbor has the same setup. His remote could change your channels! I had that happen too. But I believe there are different channels you can set the remote to.
3. Dish has a Dish Mover service, I think if you have the $6/month service fee, they'll move you to a new address free. $99 otherwise. But the $6 also includes exchanging the receiver for free if it messes up.
Anyway, that's what I recall from reading this forum. I could be remembering wrong!

Do you think he'd put terminals in the wall if I asked? That way if for some reason I wanted to move the DVR I could just use a longer coax cable.

And on the standered def TV, is that just a coax connection straight to the TV?

1. Most new cabling is run on exterior walls because of the added difficulty and time of doing wall fishes. You may get one wall fish out of the tech, but more than one may be charged for custom installation. Also, the receiver will only work at the wallplate installed for it, it can't be moved to just any room.

2. Let the tech know if you know that any of your neighbors have Dish. The UHF is limited to about 100ft so usually isn't a problem.

3. Dishmover is free. Make sure you have your TVs and receiver (and electricity). You laugh, but I've seen it plenty of times.

Right, I mean move the DVR within the same room. Just out of curiousity, my appointment is in the window of 12PM-5PM. How early or late does he arrive and how long does installation generally take based on your guys' experience? Yes, it all depends on the situation and whatnot, I'm just really anxious. haha.

You'll never know when they show up. Who knows where they''ll even send the tech from. Could take avywhere from an hour to two hours. If you decide you want your receiver moved within your house in the future you should have to pay a service call.

I am also getting Dish installed this afternoon. :) Should be simple install since I am replacing Direct Tv equipment. I assume they use the existing cables and just switch out the dish and receivers.

Hard to tell. It depends what your old setup was and what your new setup is. Sometimes it is an easy switch, other times they need to run new cables.

1. The installer drilled holes in my wall, and ran the cables straight through to the receiver. I went back later and put terminals at the wall. Unhappy about that, but I wasn't home when he did that part.
2. The remote for tv2 uses uhf, so it'll reach downstairs without a problem. The only problem you might encounter is if a neighbor has the same setup. His remote could change your channels! I had that happen too. But I believe there are different channels you can set the remote to.
3. Dish has a Dish Mover service, I think if you have the $6/month service fee, they'll move you to a new address free. $99 otherwise. But the $6 also includes exchanging the receiver for free if it messes up.
Anyway, that's what I recall from reading this forum. I could be remembering wrong!

Just a note on this- you can call and get a free receiver replacement without this plan under warranty. You will have to haggle to get them to drop the $15 shipping fee.

while the TV2 remote is UHF, sometimes when the antenna is hooked directly to the back there may be reception problems. What I did was hook up some coax to the DVR and then using a female/female connector hooked the antenna to the coax and placed it away from the DVR. Works much better.

Just a few things: the Dish Mover is a free service we provide but it does exclude 1 star customer (All PIA- Pay In Advance accounts), WildBlue, and any install requiring 500+/1000+ Needed for Satellite 118.7, there is a $100.00 charge for these.
Welcome to our family to both sjvirchow & mikebass. If there is ever anything we can assist you with, just let us know!
Have a great day, gentlemen!!

My install went very well. The installer was very friendly and knew what he was doing. I offered to connect the receivers while he was putting up the dish. Happy with my service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)