Question for maryb of Dish please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sds39

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Elizabeth City,North Carolina
Maryb I have been with Dish for six years and never missed a payment. Last March 15th I got a new receiver ( a 222k ). My daughter is moving back home and wants a dvr 722 and when I called about it I was told that I had to wait until after March 15th to be able to get it at no charge other then paying $17 and $6. Is there a way this can be changed for a customer of six years of good standing?

You haven't given enough information. If you already have a dual DVR, the second one is $17. If you have only the 222k, the more expensive receiver has no lease fee. At any rate, why should you pay less than everyone else? The time may be waiveable, I did that several years ago with an email to the CEO.

Upgrades are allowed only once a year if March 15th is your 1 year anniversary the executive office may offer you an exception. Your other option is to buy a receiver instad of leasing it.

If you haven't been messing with the account a bunch through the years (like swapping receivers several times just because there is a new model) then I would think the executive team or enough pushing through the CSRs would get the anniversary date waived.

Nothing is going to change the monthly fees, but you need to make sure you choose the best options for billing.

Are you wanting to to have the 222 AND a 722 or just replace the 222 with a 722? If replacing, then the $17 shouldn't apply.

If adding a 722, then the 722 fee should be waived and the 222 will be $14/m as your second receiver. The CSR should have told you this.

Are you sure you need a 722 two-room soulution as the second receiver? If all you need is dual tuner/single room DVR then a 612 is only $10/m.

The only way to avoid the DVR fee is to use a 211 and add an external hard drive. That is a single room/single tuner solution and you have to factor in the $40 activation fee and cost of the HD.

Personally if I was upgrading, and assuming you are going with a DVR, I would upgrade to two 722s or a 722 + 612.

Replace 222 w/ 722: DVR Fee $6/m.

722 + 222: 1st 722 - fee waived, 222 - $14/m, DVR Fee $6/m, Total: $20/m additional.

Two 722s: 1st 722 - fee waived, 2nd 722 - $17/m, DVR Fee $6/m, Total: $23/m additional.

722 + 612: 1st 722 - fee waived, 612 - $10/m, DVR Fee $6/m. Total: $16/m additional.

222 + 211 w/EHD: - 222 - fee waived, 211 - $7/m. Total: $7 month additional + one time $40 EHD activation + cost of HD($50-$100).

Thank you so much for the info. No I haven't swapped receivers back and forth except for the one time from three receivers to the 222. My daughter is moving back home because I am going through cancer treatments and she wants to be here in case her mother needs her. She wants the 722 for recording her shows while at work and be able to see them in the dressing room in the mornings. I will keep the 222 for me and the wife downstairs. I just wanted to know if they sometimes waived that rule for good customers. Thanks again, have a great weekend.

Sound like the 612 might do then. If there is no need to watch separate shows, the coax out of the 612 could still be run to another room and both rooms would be watching the same thing.

Mary is not in today (so you're stuck with me :( ). As mentioned, Dish'n it up (equipment upgrades) can only be done once a year. If you want to PM your account number, I'll see if there's anything we can do for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)