Just bought GeoSatpro DVR1100C PVR

I can not remember if the set up has you doing a manual update, but since the update is supposed to be available 24/7, I just manual update whenever I get the whim! It could have been updated just before it was shipped and there may have a data update before you got it. So, I would manual update just to be sure! Since it is on the transponder it just takes a few seconds - if it gives you an error message, it means someone has the server off line, however. (There are not any MAJOR updates as far as I know.)
POP

The GEOSATpro DVR1100c ships with the firmware that was available at the time of install. The unit requires no update to set-up and operate, but many firmware updates have been implemented. To review the updates, see sticky thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/glorystar-support-forum/150374-10-01-2008-glorystar-firmware-update.html

You may choose to update the firmware via USB using the firmware file attached in the above thread or install the receiver using the Glorystar activation mode, then manually download the firmware while aimed at Galaxy 19 (formerly Galaxy 25).

I found that the OTA update wouldn't download until a few hours after the receiver was up and running. But after that go to the OTA Update screen and make sure automatic update is on and then you can run a manual update as well to make sure it's up to date.

Have fun!

Thanks for the replies. Does the newest update have all the previous updates included in it or do we need to install all the updates in order?

Thanks for the replies. Does the newest update have all the previous updates included in it or do we need to install all the updates in order?

There is only one update "in the stream" which is typical for firmware updates of any hardware and it includes all the updates you need. Thus you have no choice of what updates.

There is only one update "in the stream" which is typical for firmware updates of any hardware and it includes all the updates you need. Thus you have no choice of what updates.

Thanks Shibby that is good to know. I only bought the receiver since I have a motorized dish so I will set it to use the motor.... I would have loved to get the whole package but with the economy the way it is I could not get the whole setup.

I think Glorystar is an excellent deal. I hope it really catches big time on and grows.

Thanks Shibby that is good to know. I only bought the receiver since I have a motorized dish so I will set it to use the motor.... I would have loved to get the whole package but with the economy the way it is I could not get the whole setup.

I think Glorystar is an excellent deal. I hope it really catches big time on and grows.

Glorystar1 can correct me if I'm wrong.

If you plan to use this as a "regular" receiver, in other words programming in more sats using your motor and channels that aren't Glorystar then you don't want to update the firmware after this first time. The reason is that it's Glorystar specific firmware which will wipe out any changes you made and set it to the Glorystar standard. However, I do know that you can backup your channel list onto the DVR and reload that after the update but I'm unsure about other settings like motor setup and the sat lists. You should check with support on that before you load up new firmware. If it does wipe it out and you don't want that then you can turn off the OTA firmware updates.

When the firmware is updated, the satellite / channel lists / switch / motor and other customized menu settings are erased.

You may back-up the channel list to the USB before performing a firmware upgrade, then reload your custom satellite / channel list. This will reload your previous satellite / channels / menu settings. You will always want to keep Galaxy 19 KU in satellite list position #1 of the list if you wish to update via satellite OTA.

You may back-up the channel list to the USB before performing a firmware upgrade, then reload your custom satellite / channel list. This will reload your previous satellite / channels / menu settings. You will always want to keep Galaxy 19 KU in satellite list position #1 of the list if you wish to update via satellite OTA.

The receiver came yesterday. Everything is working great. I was surprised at how easy setup was. Glorystar1 said it is possoble to back up the channel list and settings to the USB. How is this done? I looked through the manual but did not see a way to do it?

When I go to the OTA update.

I get the following--

Version: SW GS03.10, DATA 01.04

Signal: Fail

New Version: Waiting

Galaxy 28-KU 11734 H 4500

I'm getting a good signal on G28 and all the transponders come in fine with no break up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)