Just bought vip622 from ebay.. actiavation question.

TheUser005

Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
I am an existing DN customer. I just bought vip 622 from ebay...I haven't activated it. I now realized that I'll have to change my existing DP34 switch as well as LNBs from DishPro to DishPro Plus.

1. I was wondering if DishNetwork will install this receiver for me free including new switch and LNBs. Any ideas?

2. I just moved and installed dish myself.. haven't notified dish that I moved yet, so I was wondering if I can just call DishMover's.. when they come, I can just tell them that I just got this new receiver and it needs to be activated. Will they install vip622 free this way?

I am just wondering if option 1 or 2 would get me my new 622 installed free.

1) Don't think you have it done for free.

2) if you already hooked up, don't think will let you use DishMover.

Why would you need to change the lnb, if using a DP34 switch, all you would need to do is cascade a second DP34 if you need the additional lines.

Like garys said, I don't think they will install and provide equipment for free. Since you already moved the dish, tell us what you have. From what I gather you have a DP Twin feeding a 622 receiver. You added a second 622 receiver so you'll now need a DP34 or a DPP Twin. I'd go with a DPP Twin so you can feed each 622 with one cable.

1) Don't think you have it done for free.

2) if you already hooked up, don't think will let you use DishMover.

Why would you need to change the lnb, if using a DP34 switch, all you would need to do is cascade a second DP34 if you need the additional lines.

Please correct me if I am wrong but my understanding was that 622 is a DishPro Plus receiver, my existing DP34 is a DishPro which is NOT compatible. Same goes with LNBs.

Also, since I haven't notified dish when I moved, they still think I am at my old address. I'll just disconnect everything at my new place when the technician comes. I am thinking this would work.. ??

"Also, since I haven't notified dish when I moved, they still think I am at my old address. I'll just disconnect everything at my new place when the technician comes. I am thinking this would work.. ??"

That should work. You already have a DP34? Then each 622 needs two cable runs from the DP34 and you're done.

Like garys said, I don't think they will install and provide equipment for free. Since you already moved the dish, tell us what you have. From what I gather you have a DP Twin feeding a 622 receiver. You added a second 622 receiver so you'll now need a DP34 or a DPP Twin. I'd go with a DPP Twin so you can feed each 622 with one cable.

Currently I have DVR510, and two 311s. 622 I bought is still sitting the box.. I haven't hooked it up yet.

I have two dishes pointing at 110/119 and 61.5, both DishPro and DP34.

"Also, since I haven't notified dish when I moved, they still think I am at my old address. I'll just disconnect everything at my new place when the technician comes. I am thinking this would work.. ??"

That should work. You already have a DP34? Then each 622 needs two cable runs from the DP34 and you're done.

are you saying I don't need Dish Pro Plus LNBs and Dish Pro Plus switch... I can just use existing DishPro hardware?

Is it true that using DPP44, I only need to run one wire to 622 and split it using a Dish signal splitter? But I am guessing I'd need new DPP LNBs to go with DPP44.

Any idea if 4900 and DVR510 works with DishPro Plus switch and LNBs?

Thanks

Yeah, that is pretty standard and old idea ;) - read manuals for DPP Twin and DPP44; you're lucky - the manuals posted everywhere and particulary at the forum.

Thanks.. I guess I'll try the DishMovers first.. if they don't install it, then I'll just use existing DP34 and DishPro LNBs to make 622 work.

Please correct me if I am wrong but my understanding was that 622 is a DishPro Plus receiver, my existing DP34 is a DishPro which is NOT compatible. Same goes with LNBs.

Also, since I haven't notified dish when I moved, they still think I am at my old address. I'll just disconnect everything at my new place when the technician comes. I am thinking this would work.. ??

Wrong thinking, a DPP receiver will work with DishPro and Legacy equipment. Legacy receivers have some problems dealing with DP or DPP equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)