Just did a chat with Dish CSR...

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I did an online chat with a CSR to see about getting a hopper and joey. At first he told me $7.00 for the Joey and $4.00 for whole home fee. I told him that I wasn't sure if it was worth $11 extra per month to me. He came back a minute later and said he took another look and he was wrong, it would only be $4 more per month. I asked him twice if he was sure and he said yes, that he verified it on my account.

Could this be right? If so, I'll jump all over it, but I don't want to get it installed and then find out he was wrong.

I have a 622. That's it. It runs HD on our main tv and SD from tv2 out. Sorry, I should have given more info.

That's what I thought, but he assured me two or three times that all I would have is the $4 fee and no fee for the Joey. I printed to chat out.

Mine only went up $4 because I have a 722 and 222 and I'm going to a hopper with 2 joeys. Yours will be $11 more.

In another thread on this forum people are telling me it's $10 for the hopper, $7 for the joey. So you should pay $17 total in fees per month.

In another thread on this forum people are telling me it's $10 for the hopper, $7 for the joey. So you should pay $17 total in fees per month.
Yes and you would be paying $16 if you had two DVR receivers for two TV's in HD now. So $1 more.

I did another chat to verify and was told I would be charged $7 for the Joey. I told the CSR what I was told and she said that was wrong. So apparently the guy saw that information somewhere or was just flat out lying to me to get me to upgrade. Either way, I don't think I'll be upgrading right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts