Just got a 622 and HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JeremyL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
Chatham, IL
Okay, I upgraded to a 622 and added the HD package. The installer came last Saturday - I have a SuperDish receiving from 110 and 119 and he installed another Dish 500 and pointed it at 129. Here's the problem - there is a tree in the front yard that partially blocks 129 from my house. He moved the dish to the middle of my back yard and got a decent signal. We had our first cloudy days since the install and I've lost 129 and the HD channels. Any chance I could re-point this dish at 61.5 and get a better signal? I live in Springfield, IL. My other option is to have my nephew in the tree business come and cut the top of that tree off. What's everyone think?

I'd at least take a stab at checking the levels on 61.5 - apparently it's at a higher angle in the sky than most satellites - at least from what my installer told me.

Worth a try. The national and voom HD channels are all mirrored on 61.5. Your HD LiLs, if/when you have any, would more likely be on 129, so that might factor into your decision for a permanent change.

I would strongly suggest that you make sure you can return the dish to the exact same position (azimuth, and elevation) in case it doesn't work out, so make sure you mark those positions before you move it. It IS possible that the 129 dish is not optimized where it is, so the first thing you might want to do after marking its current position is to move it around a bit while watching the strength on 129 to verify that it's indeed optimized.

Cutting the tree works too, it that's the real issue.

Good luck, and do report back! The 622 is a fantastic receiver, you'll like it.

Welcome, BTW...

Last edited:
You should be fine getting your HD on 61.5

I am in Springfield, and I get 110 signal on 61.5.

Locals are a rain fade nightmare though, can't get a signal any higher than 60 on my superdish.

Well, I feel pretty stupid now. I finally had time to go outside to mess with the dish yesterday. I started looking at how the installer set it up so I could mark the angles - it looked like he had the darn thing aimed at my neighbors house! It was then I noticed that he didn't tighten the bolts all the way down and the elevation had slipped. I adjusted it back up and went inside to check the signal. I was getting 129 with an 80-85 strength, so I decided to leave it alone for now. I'll keep an eye on it for the next few weeks and see what happens.

If only my account problems were that easy to fix!!! Somehow, they screwed up my upgrade - I was supposed to replace my 301 with the 622 and transfer my 510 DVR to my second TV. I returned the 301, but now they've shut off programming to my second TV and sent a box to return the 510! I tried to call customer service on Friday, but didn't get an option for it - just automated crap. I finally got fed up and sent an e-mail to the CEO address - they seem to be the only ones who answer e-mail on a regular basis.

You will usually be better off calling tech support vs. a CSR. I have never had any call turned away as non-technical and they are all (I think!) located stateside. At least they all seem to be able to understand what I'm asking for and competent to answer. In the past 6 months or so since I got my 811, ALL calls I made went to tech support and in every case I have had a pleasant and fruitful experience...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)