Just got a Hopper 3.........where is the 4k content?

jblank74

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2010
Tennessee
I was under the impression the Hopper 3 opened up some additional movie channels from Sony and a couple of other companies, but I see no 4k content AT ALL.

Can someone provide me some details? The install tech was clueless about this.

Here is what gave me the impression.

Sports Bar Mode, content partnerships maximize 4K experience

DISH is the first pay-TV provider to offer the 4K Sports Bar Mode, a multi-channel view that divides the screen into quadrants, each with the ability to display a different program in 1080. The feature works by decoding any four different HD feeds and displaying them simultaneously.

To enrich customers’ 4K experience even further, DISH is announcing agreements with Sony Pictures, The Orchard and Mance Media to deliver movies and other 4K content directly to the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey. At launch, customers with these boxes will be able to rent on demand popular Sony titles such as “The Amazing Spiderman,” “American Hustle”and“Smurfs 2”in 4K.

“The affordability of 4K TVs has increased dramatically, and consumers are hungry for content and features that really showcase the picture and put the technology to work,” said Khemka. “With Sports Bar Mode, we wanted to replicate the fan experience of enjoying several games simultaneously for the home, and combining this feature with our new content offerings gives viewers a rich 4K viewing experience unavailable elsewhere.”

But it says at launch the content would be available....that was 30 days ago. Does that mean there is ZERO 4k content available on the Hopper 3?

But it says at launch the content would be available....that was 30 days ago. Does that mean there is ZERO 4k content available on the Hopper 3?

4k content is available VOD right now. 4k Netflix coming very soon. 4k Sports Bar mode - soon. Broadcast content does not exist (or is extremely limited).

Are you hooked up to broadband? All of that 4K stuff listed is available now.

And hopefully the Netflix 4K will be made available from Netflix shortly. (Wish I could say more about this but I can't but trust me it will work.) :D

Reactions: Scola77
Are you hooked up to broadband? All of that 4K stuff listed is available now.

And hopefully the Netflix 4K will be made available from Netflix shortly. (Wish I could say more about this but I can't but trust me it will work.) :D

Yes, I have a 100 down 20 up connection. Where is the content, sir?

Just go onto the On demand screen and on the third or fourth line down it shows the content available... Last I checked they had Monuments Men, Captain Philips and some other movies. Maybe a total of 20 titles.

Go into On Demand and scroll down and enjoy 4K goodness. :)

ondemand1.png

ondemand2.png

$8 per rental! :eeek
i did noticed that also on there also.give it some time there will be more 4k ondemand stuff coming with the launching of the new ultra 4k hd blu ray discs coming out in march i went to our local walmart yesterday and checked if any were in not yet.i have to wait until the player comes out first.

i did noticed that also on there also.give it some time there will be more 4k ondemand stuff coming with the launching of the new ultra 4k hd blu ray discs coming out in march i went to our local walmart yesterday and checked if any were in not yet.i have to wait until the player comes out first.

Or there are 4K upconverting Blu ray players.

I have the Sony BDPS 6500 4K upconverting Blu ray player I highly recommend it,on my Vizio 4K UHDTV my 1080p Blu rays look awesome!:biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)