Just got disco-ed. Uh oh.

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
So we're here, sitting on the sofa, watching tv, and as usual I'm chatting with a few people online and playing with a site I am making.

Suddenly HGTV dies, and up comes a blue box saying the receiver isn't authorized.

:what

I remember, vividly paying the bill. Uh oh. Sounds like I'll be calling the nasty department that likes to treat you like their you know what.

Hrm, seems like the other box is out too. DANGIT DISH WTF?!

It looks like I'll be dish'in it up tonight. :hungry: :hatsoff:

Edit #1: Box #2 is now working. Hrmmm.. maybe they think I'm stealing their precious AT60? LOL.

Last edited:
have you tried to do a hard reset on your box? Sometimes the box itself "hickups" when there is low or no signal or even when there is a switch issue. When the box DOESN'T receive the authorization renewal signal (which happens constantly) it gives you that message until you kick it in the pants to wake it up. It's happened to me in the past. Only a hard reset fixes it. Sometimes it takes two.

Press and hold the power button on your receiver until the light blinks or turns red or does something not "normal" and wait for the reset. It takes 2-5 minutes depending on the box. If you have a DVR it may ask to reload the entire EPG.

See ya
Tony

XD

Welp, it was a hiccup :) When I called the rep re-activated the box and all was well :)

Was a bit embarrassingly long though since I had to go downstairs to find the remote (I swapped the upstairs and downstairs box) and it took me a few minutes to get myself situated. Only then, did I realize the TV1 remote is dead :\

Yeeah. It just.. died.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)