Just got E* through satelliteguys.us promo, quick question

jrs5j123

Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
The installer left about 2 hours ago. I love it so far. However, I have two rooms, one hd and one not hd, and he only left me with a 622. I thought I had ordered two receivers, a 622 and maybe a 211. Was I wrong in that assumption? Sould I call E* and find out? I really would like a second dvr, if it is included in the package.
Thanks

The 211 is not a DVR its just a standalone HD box and since you only have one HDTV currently you wouldn't have a use for it. Remember you can record and share programs between both TV sets with this unit. If you think you'll need more recording space than the 622 provides you can get another DVR but remember you'll be paying the additional outlet fee and another DVR fee if you get another DVR.

The installer left about 2 hours ago. I love it so far. However, I have two rooms, one hd and one not hd, and he only left me with a 622. I thought I had ordered two receivers, a 622 and maybe a 211. Was I wrong in that assumption? Sould I call E* and find out? I really would like a second dvr, if it is included in the package.
Thanks

622 serves both rooms. In single mode it will output the same to both sets. In dual mode each set can be watching something different. Both can access the DVR.

Thanks

The 622 is a duel tuner. You will have a dvr for both tvs. Also with only one receiver you will not have to pay a montly lease fee for two receivers. just the one.

You could call Executive offices at 866-319-4564 and have them bring out a 625 for your standard definition television since you can change the configuration free of charge for the first 3 days.

The only advantage to this setup would be the ability to be able to use dual Tuners on both televisions to watch and record something at the same time, however it would incure an additional $11.98 montly cost for the additional receiver.

However with that said, the configuration for 1 HD Television and 1 SD Television with the 622 is correct from a sales point of view

Just don't try to Record and watch live tv ,while someone else is watching tv on tv 2.I found that out the hard way.Only in single mode can you watch live tv and record a program at the same time.

Just don't try to Record and watch live tv ,while someone else is watching tv on tv 2.I found that out the hard way.Only in single mode can you watch live tv and record a program at the same time.

Unless one of the feeds is OTA. Also in single mode both TV's have to watch the same program. You can then record a second program and if you have OTA a third. In dual mode two tvs can watch different things but unless you have OTA you can't then record a third program. Of course OTA is limited to stations in your local area.

The 622 is a duel tuner. You will have a dvr for both tvs. Also with only one receiver you will not have to pay a montly lease fee for two receivers. just the one.

Tigerfan,

The 622 does NOT have TUNERS that fight (DUEL) they have TWO tuners hence (DUAL as in TWO):D

John

Wait wait wait... my turn.

Is that the way you half to spell it?

and another.......

Why want you learn how to spell?

If I learn how to spell I will never get any response from you guys.:DThis is the most replys I have gotten since I have been on here. Even though I am a rookie. When I respond again please do check my spelling.:)

If I learn how to spell I will never get any response from you guys.:DThis is the most replys I have gotten since I have been on here. Even though I am a rookie. When I respond again please do check my spelling.:)

:D:D It's all in good fun....

I have a buddy that when I don't answer his call because I'm busy with work he always writes me an email like this "why want you answer phone" drives me up the wall! I always write him back "I want ansir till you lern to spell an speek"

:D:D It's all in good fun....

I have a buddy that when I don't answer his call because I'm busy with work he always writes me an email like this "why want you answer phone" drives me up the wall! I always write him back "I want ansir till you lern to spell an speek"

I do not mind the jabs. Spelling is my downfall though. I see I just got a response from ""Mrs. Top Dawg." Wow. Next thing you know the "big guy " himself will chime in. Scotts spelling is not much better than mine though.:DHonestly, I have been reading this site for about a year. It is without a doubt the best on the web.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts