Just got HD and was sent 811 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fangs

Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Downingtown, PA
Hey guys...so I'm an existing Dish customer for about 3 years, and just on 1/2/06 signed on with their HD package and was sent the 811 receiver which is only MP2 for $49.99.
Is that typical or should they have sent me the 411 or the VIP211? Should I call them back on Feb. 1st and ask for an MP4 receiver as a swap?

Sean Mota said:
welcome to the site. I believe you are eligible for a swap at $99 or another $49. Do not exactly remember.
Yea but shouldn't the CSR have told me this on the phone when I was upgrading and sending them one of my receivers to upgrade to an HD receiver? :mad:
A friend of mine just upgraded last week and was sent the VIP 211. Is it just at random as to what receiver they ship out?
In addition, if I've already paid $49 to upgrade to an HD receiver, I don't want to be paying another $99 for the 211 which would wind up costing me $150 in the end. Wouldn't it make sense for me to just wait till March/April and get the 622 for $299 or whatever it is going to cost? I'm going to call them on Feb 1 and see if I can get a free swap for the 211.

Not that is makes sense, but you signed on on 1/2/06 and the upgrade wasn't announced until 1/9/06, therefore you get the current HD receiver (which could be a 211 or 811, their choice). I agree that the system should have went back and changed your receiver, but then Dish couldn't get the extra $49 could they? It is also in line with their goal to get rid of all 811s in stock! :rolleyes:

got 811 what now????

The csr's did not even know until after jan the 9th about the new receivers, they just dont know squat... Half the time you tell them omething and they are still clueless, most dish csr's are mindless fools thats why I got to hd tech support right away, those guys atl east have a clue but what is going on...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts