Just got my 921, can't record ota channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

phonebill

Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
My OTA channel (003) NBC does not show up when I try to record. Press 7 and 101 is the first channel. I called advanced tech support, and they had no idea. Said they would call back tommorow. I really would like to record Jay Leno tonite to see the quality. I can tune to it, just cannot record using guide. It looks like Sat Guys are going to shut down in two hours. Please help.

Bill in WV

Thanks DishBacker. I got to record Jay Leno. Dish advance techs called me back and told me there was no way to schedule a recording on OTA. They said I had to hit record while actually watching the program. I guess they don't read Sat Guys US...... Grin/

phonebill said:
Thanks DishBacker. I got to record Jay Leno. Dish advance techs called me back and told me there was no way to schedule a recording on OTA. They said I had to hit record while actually watching the program. I guess they don't read Sat Guys US...... Grin/

Hmmm...
I've been doing a M-F timer recording of an OTA show since I got my 921 several months ago, it's been working 99% reliably. [Only 2 failures -- one as a result of a new version download, the other transmitter problems.]

Can you do a manual timer? (i.e. by setting channel/date/time)

jimg said:
Hmmm...
I've been doing a M-F timer recording of an OTA show since I got my 921 several months ago, it's been working 99% reliably. [Only 2 failures -- one as a result of a new version download, the other transmitter problems.]

Can you do a manual timer? (i.e. by setting channel/date/time)
Yes, that's how I recorded Jay Leno. I have not had any problems.

Recording OTA-HD failed twice!

I tried to record 'Father of the Pride' last night off my local OTA which was broadcasting in HD.

I pressed the RECORD button and it came up and told me I had to manually stop the timer when I wanted it to end. OK kewl, no problem.

Result: A 30 minute waste of time.

It had the little red RECORD light on for 30 minutes. When I went back to watch it, the DVR list had it as a 0 minute event and that it could not be played.

WTF(What the flip) is up with that??

I tried it again for a few minutes on 'SCRUBS' and it wouldn't record that show either.

I thought OTA recording was fixed? Yes, No, maybe??

MAYBE!!

I do two ways to record OTA.

1. Set a manual timer in timer menu. You can find OTA channels by 9999 or actual 5 digit ex. 00501 will bring up OTA ch. 5 & the channels in the list. Then set timer as usual.
2. I have SD locals in 8000 range. I set a one button timer for the SD version of show. Ex. Leno at Ch. 8045 with correct start & end times. Then, I edit this timer & change the channel to OTA one. I find it quicker. THe other advantage is that while in the timer queue it will read the correct show information. After recording however it reverts back to unknown event title.

I'll try it again tomorrow nite. There is supposed to be an encore presentation of 'Father of the Pride' on NBC @ 8:30 CT

Will see.

KY3 in Springfield Mo. will not record or do any PVR functions if that is the channel you are watching Mark. (DT 44) Their UPN 15 will record coming of the same antenne at Fordland. I have reported this at DBSTALK.

phonebill said:
My OTA channel (003) NBC does not show up when I try to record. Press 7 and 101 is the first channel. I called advanced tech support, and they had no idea. Said they would call back tommorow. I really would like to record Jay Leno tonite to see the quality. I can tune to it, just cannot record using guide. It looks like Sat Guys are going to shut down in two hours. Please help.

Bill in WV
Do you actually have the NBC station added via ADD DTV or SCAN DTV? Is this station streaming PSIP? If you do have the channel saved, can you actually get a picture? If it is just a black screen, the station isn't providing what in needed currently for the 921 OTA tuner. Now once these questions are answered, then we can take a look at the next step.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts