Just got my new 722k and hd installed

freakedout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
install went great. I was glad I got the 722k I wanted. I am going to order sling and a ota module. It looks great. I guess I will need a USB fan for it. I am planning on putting it out in the open after I get my new HDTV.
Thanks Maryb and all the other dirt guys for their help doing this upgrade.

Oh, since I am going to hook a USB fan and a hard drive up to it, do I need powered USB hub. Thanks to all the great info I get here I really knew what to expect and that made everything a whole lot better.
John

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

A powered USB hub wouldn't hurt, and would probably be more stable than just a USB powered hub. I say this because in the EHD documentation, it requires a EHD with it's own power supply, which leads me to think the USB ports on the 722k don't have much power to begin with.

I have no space in my cabinet to install a fan on the side of my 722, so I got a laptop cooling fan pad. As of today my temps on max 127, low 100 and average 113. I also place the 722 so that the back vents are hanging out the back of the cabinet

freakedout said:
install went great. I was glad I got the 722k I wanted. I am going to order sling and a ota module. It looks great. I guess I will need a USB fan for it. I am planning on putting it out in the open after I get my new HDTV.
Thanks Maryb and all the other dirt guys for their help doing this upgrade.

Oh, since I am going to hook a USB fan and a hard drive up to it, do I need powered USB hub. Thanks to all the great info I get here I really knew what to expect and that made everything a whole lot better.
John

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
If u have more than two usb devices u will definitely need a powered usb hub. I currently have the sling adapter plugged onto the front usb port, powered hub plugged into the rear with the ehd, cooling fan, and wifi adapter plugged into the hub. Note this the configuration that works best for me. The sling didn't like being plugged into the hub tbat is why it is plugged directly onto a port.
I did try using the hub without power just to see what would happen. The result was nothing plugged into the hub connected to the receiver.
Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)