Just got one of the Best Buy $499 XA2's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
I had to drive to a store an hour away, but I managed to get an XA2, new in the box for the $499 price. I was actually quite pleased to get it! :D

I had an XA1, but the HDMI output died, and I figured for that price, I should go for it. What I didn't know was that there are far and few out there. One nearby store had a demo they would sell me for $449, but there was no box, thus no UPS, thus no "5 free HD-DVDs", so that was out.

Anyway, I got the thing home, updated the firmware, and it is SO much faster than the XA1 (but you probably all know that). I still have to futz with the finer settings, but right out of the box it seems to be a winner.

If you are thinking about this machine (there is no XA3 announced for the near future, although the lower priced 3rd gen machines are out except for the 35), I would check your local Best Buys and see if they have one.

Good luck!

:-jon

Congrats on the XA2 man, I've been thinking about upgrading my XA1 as well with one. BB certainly has a good deal going on them right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)