Just had Dish installed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

markr

Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Hello!

I am new here but have a few questions. I was wondering if any one have had problems with the HD receivers. I wanted the DVR but got the vip222 and has problems with it. After a few minutes on the sound goes off and when you change channels the picture goes blank. The only way to get out of it is to reboot. Sometimes the sound is garbled and in this case it will change channels and have a pictures but no sound. I told the installer about it being the wrong receiver and he said that was what was on the order. He said that they don't make the 622 anymore just the 722.

I called dish and told about the problem and that I didn't the right receiver. They were very polite and agreed to update my order at no charge even though they said that once the order is closed there is usually a charge. They are coming this Friday. I did not question witch receiver I would be getting since the only difference was the hard drive size.

I had 3 rooms installed with the 2 tuner 222 and the third had its own receiver the 311. I am using it where the 222 was installed since its not usable. I am very satisfied and think it has a very good picture considering it is hooked up to the antenna jack. Can't wait to get the new receiver hooked up so I can enjoy the full HD experience. I have a Toshiba 55" HD Television.

One last point I got this from ATT/Dish. I am hopping I didn't make a mistake as their some people who don't recommend ATT. I was with Comcast and had the 3 services but was not satisfied with HD content nor their Internet as it was slow for high speed. Att offered me some good prices for all three services.

Thank you all and hope I haven't been too boring.

markr

Welcome aboard and I wasn't bored. I don't know what is causing your sound issues, but when the tech comes with your DVR, make sure any issues are resolved before he leaves.

Is the 722 replacing the 222? I've read a bunch of posts where people are complaining about the 222s rebooting and with sound problems.

Just be glad it will be replaced. If not, call and have it replaced.

Thank you for your response.

The vip222 is just a 2 tuner receiver not a DVR. The 622 and 722 are 2 tuner DVRs.

If you like the 311 you should LOVE the 722 311 is SD on you HDTV so the picture should be better and the extra features is night and day.

Sorry about the misunderstand what you were asking. I am hopping it will be the 722 but since the size of the hard drive is the only difference between the 622 and 722 I will accept either one. I know the 222 will be replaced with the DVR. The installer told me that they don't make the 622 anymore. Is this true? I have not heard of this beeing true on this forum so I am thinking he is wrong.

They're still installing the 622s but I would say the 722 is better since it has more storage. Either one should be fine. Glad you're replacing the 222, sounds like you have a bad receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts