Just Invited to use trial software!!!

I am VERY happy that Dish is making these betas available to all of us. This is a big step forward for Echostar and is something I pushed hard for. I wanted Dish to make these test open to all and not to just one site (as has happened in the past) I have actually talked at leanght about this with Charlie, Mark Jackson and a few others and am happy that they have made this open to all.

Kudos to Echostar!

I agree! Some people just have to have something to gripe about! If you do not want to take part in this OPTIONAL test, fine, don't. But there's no need to continually bash Dish/Charlie, or those of us who choose to participate!

Tom in TX

So has anyone that has responded to the acceptance invite heard anything more? I received it and responded 2 days but have received no further communication. Just wondering if anyone else has received a 2nd follow-up.

They said responses had to be in by today 12 mountain. That just passed an hour ago. Next week being Thanksgiving if anyone hears anything before the following week that would be surprising.

There was a post in another thread that someone got a notice thanking him for applying, but that the beta was now filled.

Several people got the email asking them to agree to terms and to email back their account#. I'm curious if anyone has the beta update and testing instructions yet.

I am VERY happy that Dish is making these betas available to all of us.
This is not 100% new behavior from Dish. I remember being in the "522 beta testers group" a few years back. We were solicited here IIRC. I think we had our own dedicated thread here to discuss stuff. And phone/email contact info for a Dish tech manager to report to. We'd get personal and group emails directly from that Dish manager. I even had a Dish engineer show up at my house to troubleshoot some issues (I live in the Denver metro area, so not too far from Dish offices). Even swapped me a loaner 522 while they took mine back to the office for an autopsy ("autopsy" might be a little strong - it wasn't dead - it had just developed some new and unexpected "features"). This experience is where I confirmed to myself that these Dish engineers/managers are not stupid by any means. You might tend to think a company is populated by morons if you judge only based on first line CSR's. But that would be a snap judgement, and totally wrong based on my experience.

They did this for the L4.00 release also except you had to go through a contact at DBSTalk. I can't even remember what that release was about now....

They did this for the L4.00 release also except you had to go through a contact at DBSTalk. I can't even remember what that release was about now....

The one thing I am dreading is having to deal with Dish by email instead of a dedicated phone number to call for the Beta test. Oh well, will see how it goes if selected.

Nah, the 622 has had NBR since it's release. I'm positive it was L4.01 and looking at EKB, it says that release never went "full" (due to bug reports from the larger audience).

And so it begins......

I can't believe that I am the first one, either that or no one else is talking about it. I just got this from dish at about 3pm. I removed the software version number just in case that was a way to track me. Nothing else seemed specific enough.

Just wish they had told me how long to wait, so far, no new software. But the website now has an option for recordings which was not there before.

Mia

*** EMAIL REMOVED - REMEMBER THIS IS A PRIVATE BETA ***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)